Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in the mail today. It's a Mitsubishi OEM knob, but is 10mm so fits our truck perfect. I cant believe how heavy this knob is. I consider myself abit of a "shift knob whore" as I always try to find the best knob for my vehicles. Mugen, AutoExe, etc and I consider this knob to be one of the best I've ever seen.

But the best part is the price, only $16.99 on ebay
Nissan Infiniti Weighted Leather Shift Knob 350Z Sentra:eBay Motors (item 190315476221 end time Aug-17-09 06:29:51 PDT)

Installation was a breeze, but had to use a strap wrench to break the threadlock

·
Registered
570 Posts
Why would weight of such an item be important? It's not like the shifter in these transmissions require any great effort.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so far, to me the shifts feel more solid because of the extra weight. I've only put a few miles on the truck since I put it on, so I'll make some mental notes over the next few days.

the weight thing isnt that important in the grand scheme of things, I just mentioned it because to me, it somehwat of a sign of quality.

I have friends that have bought various knobs off of ebay, etc, and they're usually very light

·
Registered
427 Posts
that's a nice find, especially for the price. I had an aftermarket shift knob in my previous Frontier and found that the extra weight helped smooth out the shifting with the manual transmission. I think I'll pick one of these up. Thanks for posting the pics as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts