Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Frontier SE with single disc cd player. I want to keep the stock look of my truck and was wondering if I can hook up an aux port or cord to use with my mp3 player. Right now I am using a wireless fm tuner which sucks. I have looked a wired fm tuners but crutchfield says they don't have any that work with my truck. Anybody have any ideas without replacing the stereo? I am sure that there are wired FM tuners out there that fit my truck, just not sure what brands to look at. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i believe with the 09+ they say they wont fit because of a different style plug in the radio/antenna. if you buy the wired transmitter and the correct adapters they will work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just installed an iSimple IS-77 in my '06 Frontier yesterday and it works pretty good. It kills the fm signal when you switch it on and it charges the ipod too. 55 bux at Amazon.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes that's the one. It came with everything I needed to install it. Fairly easy to do too.
Thanks man... I am currently use a Fm transmitter and it is ok but I only spend next to no time in my truck. I might be taking a new job that is going to have me driving 40 minutes 2 and from so this will be a good thing to pick up.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wait I'm a little lost. Does 05+ have the aux port in the back? But the 09+ do not. Is that right? I can remove my stock head unit, plug my ipod plug in the back, route the plug, to stick out of the dash, and just re-install the head unit.

Plug my ipod in and.... thats it.

Is that right?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Wait I'm a little lost. Does 05+ have the aux port in the back? But the 09+ do not. Is that right? I can remove my stock head unit, plug my ipod plug in the back, route the plug, to stick out of the dash, and just re-install the head unit.

Plug my ipod in and.... thats it.

Is that right?
NO. a wired FM transmitter wires in between your radio and the antenna lead. it requires power and when you turn it on it cuts the signal from the antenna and "transmits" your MP3 player into the radio. there is no plug on the back that you can just plug your iplop into.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
NO. a wired FM transmitter wires in between your radio and the antenna lead. it requires power and when you turn it on it cuts the signal from the antenna and "transmits" your MP3 player into the radio. there is no plug on the back that you can just plug your iplop into.
Hahahah, iplop! Thats funny.

So with this in the antenna, can I still use my radio? Or do I have to remove it to listen to the radio?

I would guess it will do both. And so I understand this right, After this adapter is "in line" with the antenna, then it has a cable on it that plugs into my plop? :)

How else would it know whats on my plop? My plop doesnt have a "transmitter" on it.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
turn the switch on, your running iplop, turn switch off, back to normal radio. its a box that you plug your antenna into then it has a lead that goes into the radio. the box will either have a lead for you to use OR it will have RCA inputs that you can use a RCA to 3.5mm jack that you can get at any radio shack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts