Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I'm quite happy with the coverage of the stock mirrors for driving. However, when adjusted ideally for driving, they're not very helpful for backing. And as I back often (parking spaces), I don't want to fuss with adjusting the mirrors each time I need to back.

Can anyone recommend aux mirrors, stick-on perhaps, that would help with this?
I believe I'd prefer something flat (not convex) unlike the common blindspot mirrors.

Thx,
Jon

·
Registered
741 Posts
A flat stick-on would still show you the same as the glass underneath. That's why stick-ons are convex.

A strap-on mirror is anything but secure at highway speeds. I never found a good one for our mirrors so I went with tow mirrors.

I'll never go back. The amount you can see will always be worth whatever gripe people have about them :)

Reactions: briman4031

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right. I didn't state it well.

If I went with a stick-on, I'd want to place a wedge under it to angle it inward more than the stock mirror to give me a view down the side of the truck rearward toward any lines, curbs, etc.

·
Registered
741 Posts
They make stick-ons with a minor swivel base now. Go look local auto parts.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
A flat stick-on would still show you the same as the glass underneath. That's why stick-ons are convex.

A strap-on mirror is anything but secure at highway speeds. I never found a good one for our mirrors so I went with tow mirrors.

I'll never go back. The amount you can see will always be worth whatever gripe people have about them :)
Where'd you get these from? I hate my mirrors and love the look of tow mirrors

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I have my mirrors adjusted for driving and backing up. I never have to move mine. I always back in to parking spots. Try playing around with the mirrors a little bit more.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes, 1A Auto. If you need parts (broken glass, stripped wiring harness...yes, I did both) pm me for details on the manufacturer. I had to do some major Google-Fu since 1A Auto came up woefully short in providing after sale support.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, 1A Auto. If you need parts (broken glass, stripped wiring harness...yes, I did both) pm me for details on the manufacturer. I had to do some major Google-Fu since 1A Auto came up woefully short in providing after sale support.
Are they direct fit? For wiring harnes and mounting

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts