Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier 3.3 L V6 with 43,000 miles on it. I decided to change the transmission fluid in it, and did the drain/fill method and got 3 quarts out of it. My question is: is this really all i need to do. Should I worry about getting the fluid out of the torque converter? and If so, how should I go about doing that?

And sorry if this is a repost, but i searched and couldn't find anything definite.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
drain and fill is pointless. theres a thread on this for a second gen. wouldnt doubt it its the same principal.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier 3.3 L V6 with 43,000 miles on it. I decided to change the transmission fluid in it, and did the drain/fill method and got 3 quarts out of it. My question is: is this really all i need to do. Should I worry about getting the fluid out of the torque converter? and If so, how should I go about doing that?

And sorry if this is a repost, but i searched and couldn't find anything definite.
you have a 9 year old truck with 43000 mile??? You dont get out much do you?
I do the 3 quart drain and fill about every year.
some say its a waste of time and money, I look at it more like this. thats 3 quarts of fresh fluids and additives, that 3 quarts of suspended gunk that is being removed. Your only looking at about 1/4 of the total fluid your changing, so it really isn't a thorough change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts