Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking through the manual shift knob thread pics, I want to change my 2nd gen stock auto shifter handle to something different. So, has anyone here at Club Frontier replaced their stock automatic shift handle with an aftermarket or custom shift handle?

Please post any pics and links to where you got it.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
After looking through the manual shift knob thread pics, I want to change my 2nd gen stock auto shifter handle to something different. So, has anyone here at Club Frontier replaced their stock automatic shift handle with an aftermarket or custom shift handle?

Please post any pics and links to where you got it.
i think the reason no one has tried it is because of the push botton on the side to allow it to go in gear. but idk i know im not screwing with it lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
ive been trying to find a 350z one to use but again the next problem is the OD switch which is not on the 350z knob but is on ours.

anything is going to involve a little extra work it seems, the automatic pathfinder ive seen before had a 350z like knob but i didnt pay attention to where the OD switch was ...

·
Registered
923 Posts
ive spent hours looking in the past could never find anything

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So is the OD button in the front?
It looks like that to me. The description says "CHROME-PLATED SHIFT KNOB
A hot look for your automatic transmission car with Overdrive button included. Chromed grip and carbon-fiber-look trim make a perfect team. Easy to install."

They have an ask and answer section under the description and this question got my attention:

Q: Will this fit my 2000 nissan xterra se auto tranny 2000 xterra with over drive?

A: If your vehicle has a floor mounted automatic shifter you can use this item.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just ordered one from JC Whitney. I'll post some pics when I get it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
ive been trying to find a 350z one to use but again the next problem is the OD switch which is not on the 350z knob but is on ours.

anything is going to involve a little extra work it seems, the automatic pathfinder ive seen before had a 350z like knob but i didnt pay attention to where the OD switch was ...
what year 350z would it have to be?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
nice choice jag! hey what color is your interior? i may be intersted in your stock knob. if you want to get rid of it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure if anyone is still interested in this, but I tried to get one of these "flameball" shifters (hey, I didn't name it, but some are pretty nice looking), and they don't have an OD button.

You can see my email to them below.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts