Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I could use some help here.

When driving my 2010 auto v6 c200k axle'd frontier at speeds above 35, the truck shudders and thuds abruptly when I let off the gas. It is so significant that the truck feels like it hit two mild speed bumps.

At highway speeds the condition intensifies and on a flat stretch of road when I let off the gas, it really shudders. When I reapply power, it is a shuddering transition. It really bounces the suspension and bucks a little.

Turning off overdrive makes no difference in this condition, but as a side note, 5th gear sometimes feels like it slips

THe rear leafs are still slightly arched btw, so the pinion angle seems ok. I put a 1.5 inch AAL in like 50000 miles ago. I'm at 104k now.

The truck also vibrates at highway speeds but this is likely due to two bad wheel bearings that I'll be replacing this week. I did the bypass and flushed the trans this year and experienced no SMOD.

I inspected the truck today for other reasons (drifting and wandering at highway speeds) and found that I need to replace both lower control arms as well due to worn ball joints.

I checked all the u joints and the front joint of the rear driveshaft has a very small amount of play and clicks. I'll replace this one, but what interests me in respect to this issue is that the trans output shaft has a visible amount of movement up/down, side to side. Less that 1/4 inch, but still something.

Any help is great, as money is definitely tight with all these parts that I have to buy

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Mike, this looks like a extensive list! While you have the driveshaft out put a straightedge on it, or roll it on the garage floor to see if it's straight. Also look for any indication that a balancing weight has been scraped off. Either of these could cause a vibration at speed and (maybe?) cause wear to the t-case shaft. They are both uncommon, but worth checking.

I'll try to get under my truck tomorrow and see if there is any play in my rear driveline.

Come to think of it, I have +132,000 miles. I may need to give attention to some of the same parts.

Good luck!
J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts