Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I received the first notice from the Autonation Nissan in Pembroke Pines I ignored it. When the second request for me to give a review came to me I answered back that I would rather say nothing then something bad, but when the third request came I figured ok they already got my survey back and never did call to ask how things were going or why I gave the survey answers I did. Here we go, My salesman Todd was a nice enough fellow, never smiled and was all business, not that there is anything really wrong with that I just figured that if they want me to fork over 20+ thousand dollars they would be a little more friendly. I went in to look at a used truck but when waiting I found on my phone a deal on a new truck from a dealership a little further away that was only a few hundred dollars higher then the 1 year old truck I looked at but it was in a color I really was not happy about but the same as the used truck I original l came to see. I told them about it and after explaining them that it was not a used truck but a new truck, they offered me a 4x4 for thousands more then either the one on the phone or the used one in there lot. I said to them, "make me a deal on the used truck in the lot" but after waiting a while for an answer they said they could get me a new truck in the color I really wanted for about grand more then the truck in the other lot, so I said yes. After 4 hours I left with the promise the truck would be ready the next day in the afternoon. I pick up the truck, gave it the once over and drove it home. While showing the family my new truck I noticed that the truck bed was not cleaned, there was plastic stuck to places that showed that just pulled it off without moving seats and such, the windows were not cleaned , and the glue from the wheel cover plastic was stuck to the wheel and you can actually read the lettering as well. In other words very little dealer prep for the money they charged. Further looking revealed a dent in the corner on the drivers side rear passenger door. The corner was bent in. The next morning after work I drove it to the dealership's autobody department and was told that although the paint was not cracked or chipped, it they bent it back it would chip and the door would need to be painted. I have dealt with the that body shop before so I knew it was best to just live with it. A moment ago I mentioned being charged quite high for dealer prep, well how about over $400.00 to transfer the plates from my trade in to the new truck? Is that even legal to charge that much. Guess a letter to the DMV is in order as well. Summary, stay away as they seem to be too big to give a damn.

There is one mistake I found that I made above. The reg tag title and filing fee was just under $250.00 to transfer the plates.

Get this now, they readily admit that the they charged 150 for 75 fee. I already received the new registration and there was no refund in the letter that came for Autonation. I have a text message that states that they went out of their way to get me top dollar for my trade, they also did not charge me for "towing" the new truck to their lot. So I guess if they did charge me then the door would not have been damaged, the truck would have been detailed? Does that make sense to anyone reading this. If they give you a good deal they will cut corners in other areas, No need to pay someone to detail the truck before delivery, Charge twice as much for registration, and palm off a damaged door. Please note that not once in these reviews have I asked for anything! I have not tried to "blackmail" them into anything. That alone should be proof that I'm telling the truth. I called the general manager as asked in the response from them and left a message as he was not in. Excuses is all I have gotten from them as to why my truck was in the condition I received it.

Again, as I have asked for nothing I stand by everything I have said here, expecting nothing but an apology. Remember they asked for my review and even after being told it would not be a good one they asked again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Never delt with them but, Autonation of Delray was nothing like that.... go there for service if you need it . They were over accommodating to me !!!! Great People make a Great dealership !

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry to hear you had such a terrible time with them!

I used autonation in Atlanta GA in lithia springs. Their prep cleaning left a few pieces of clear plastic on interior pieces and they put on so much tire shine that on my two hour drive home I had it slung down the whole side. And that is after it had 2 hours to dry because they lost my second set of keys and my owners manual. I went in with an arranged price and a model on their lot picked out and it still took nearly 4 hours to get out of there. Because of slow paper work.

·
Registered
364 Posts
In Florida as far as the title and plate transfer goes, that is always done as an estimate from the DMV computer. If you paid more than the final price from the Tax Collector, you will get a check mailed to you directly from the Tax Collector, it will NOT go through the dealership. since this is a government entity, you can imagine that it will take some time to get to you, but it will come.

As far as any damage to the vehicle, if you don'y notice it and have it added to the paperwork for the dealership to acknowldge and state what is going to be done with it before you close the deal, it does not exist. On this issue you are basically SOL as the dealership will never admit that they are responsible for it.

The delivery prep is an issue that you can take up with the dealer or even Nissan USA. The dealer has very specific paperwork detailing everything that they are supposed to do for every delivery. The dealership I purchased my truck from even gave the paperwork to me.

Sorry to hear about your issues, but all said and done you have yourself a great little truck now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
While living in GA, I purchased my Frontier from the Auto MALL IN Buford, Ga. Sutherlin Nissan was great, service dept has been great when used on a saturday! Now living in Florida gain, have not used any dealer yet, do all my own service. I've heard bad stories about all Autonations, so I wouldn't use them!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I just bought a new Pro 4x from Autoway Nissan of Clearwater, FL and they were great. Zero complaints. Sounds like it's hit or miss with the Autoway dealerships.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i recently posted a story here on another thread. i went over to Autonation Pembroke pines for a advertised lease on a brand new nissan rogue. they claimed to have an available deal for $2XX.XX a month lease with a $2500 down for this deal. when i walked in asking for this and their salesman kept giving me different numbers over and over again. i finally said to him. WTF is this? this isn't what you guys were advertising ON TV and ON THE INTERNET. he had nothing to say,we then walked out and spoke to his supervisor above. his words were " We can't give you that deal." we just can't. it's not possible." so i then said to him Why advertise it, if it "cant" be done? so basically it was the old Bait and switch act that slimy car dealerships do. we ended up walking out and had another dealer in broward give me that exact deal autonation nissan pines was advertising with no problem at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts