Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you may recal my previous inquiry about turbo charging my d40 vq40.... well that’s in the to hard to expensive basket now. But!!!! I’ve decided to stick a vk56 Titan block in.
I have access to a transfer case with the crank angle sensor in it. I have researched gaining the block. I’m interested to know will the Titan harness be sufficient for the conversion? My d40 is Spanish 4x4...

any help much appreciated.

thanksIn advance!

·
Registered
4,792 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I’ve read the “official 5.6 motor swap” thread. I’m a bit confused as the guy is doing some other stuff also whereas I just want to swap the engine is all.
Though from my reading I’ve found (anybody feel free to correct me?) to successfuly do the swap I’ll also need the Titan computer, the electric fan and also the exhaust manifold/headers back to the primary cats?
From what I’ve read the mounts are identical so I don’t need these.
Is there anything I’m missing? Obiously I’m going to be importing the engine so I may as well get everything I need bundled at once or my pocket will really start to hurt along with the whipping I’ll be getting from the wife (I’m getting a whipping already for just mentioning V8 at the dinner table lol.

so please can anyone point out anything I’ve missed? And also I was thinking of using buy used engine.com to source the motor? Anybody got recommendations where I can get the other Titan bits from? Preferably near a coast so my handling doesn’t get to expensive?

·
Registered
4,792 Posts

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
He does most of the conversions here in tbe states.
Interesting and sounds like a great way to go for a street truck.
My truck has more than enough hp off road.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yours being a Spanish built is a HUGE wild card that everyone is overlooking. All the reference material is on the USA built trucks. And I have seen a Spanish built truck before and they are a LOT different then the USA version.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Curious as to what you are trying to accomplish?
Granted just the cool factor of having a v8 is worth doing the project.
Quicker, faster response?
Want to run bigger tires?
A much cheaper , less hassle way to accomplish this is to go to lower gearing.
I have 4:11 gearing and this made a huge difference in the tight, twisty , technical sections . I run basically stock diameter tires .You may want to even go to lower gearing .
Are you four wheel drive?
You will have to go to a 205 front diff if you want to.
Just to let you know, I have no clue what the differences are between Spanish and US trucks are.8

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi whistler and everyone else. What I’m trying to achieve is more power and torque. I will be running larger diameter tyres and I do not want to shorten the gear ratios I’m going to do the opposite in fact once the 8 is in.
There is an Aussie transfer case with the crank angle sensor on it so bolting the vk onto the 6 speed is sorted.
I’m guessing all I need is the engine,
4x4 harness and Titan ecu.

why the 205 front diff I’m curious?

also anyone know where I might be able to get all this stuff from one location?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts