Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, one of the guys on club-x contacted auburn about their ECTED electronic selectable locker and they said that enough people are starting to show interest that they are putting it on the front burner for development

they want to see some more support tho, so who would be interested in this?

this locker will be an LSD when off (great for street) and then fully locked when turned on

THIS IS FOR 33 SPLINE H233B AXLES IN GEN 1 FRONTIERS

also, contacting them showing interest is good as well

original thread:
Interest in Auburn selectable locker - Nissan Xterra Forum: Xterra Forums

EDIT: wow can some mod please change my title again to the correct spelling haha

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
from what ive read on pirate and other forums , these arent the greatest unless they have changed the design

but this is pirate and alot of rock crawlers etc , just make sure you read up on them

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Josh your spelling sucks!

More accesible locker options for 1st gens would be bicthen!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
from what ive read on pirate and other forums , these arent the greatest unless they have changed the design

but this is pirate and alot of web wheelers etc , just make sure you read up on them
fixed!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've never heard of the company, but that's no surprise. I DO know, from posts and pictures, that Penski knows his stuff.

If they have a quality product, this would be a PERFECT option for me!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I think I would rather have an ARB. HOWEVER, if the price is right on the unit, I can see myself changing that mentality pretty quick. Not to mention more than one option is never a bad thing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i was just thinking out loud and...

for them to be able to sell any really they are going to have to be cheaper than the ARB. cause for the same price or only saving 50-100 bucks would anyone want to try the new product or wait an extra paycheck and get the one with the very much proven track record

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the ARB product the same thing as this one? LSD when off, and locker when on?
no, an ARB is an open diff when off

also, it looks like the price will be around 700 bucks RTR

this is vs. the 1050+ for an ARB

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Auburn has been around for a long time and if not mistaken... was involved in the original Hummer 1's( the tough ones... not the rebodied suburbans)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Interested.

Since they may be putting this into production and dosen't exist already, is there a current product from them to compare craftsmanship/quality with ? I really miss the e-locker I had on my last ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts