Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, yes I know there are many threads involving texting, and I do know how to use the search bar. What I haven't seen is a thread on texting each other. I usually communicate with most of my friends through text messages, because of its there when I can get to it quality. I cant always hold the phone to my ear in my line of work so the text message is my best asset.

Few basic questions:

Are you a texter?
Would there be an interest in starting a clubfrontier texting network?

I have unlimited text, pics and internet, so if anyone wanted my number you are welcome to it. A few of you already have my number and this is what sparked my curiosity in this. I have seen that there is a bit of difficulty in loading CF on my phone as well as other peoples phones. Its just not mobile friendly...lol.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I am always texting someone it just seems easier to talk to people and to get plans lined out when talking to people. Thank god that I have my sidekick since my lap top died this is the only way I get to be on the boards

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have a BlackBerry for work and the Sprint everything plan, and spend (unfortunately) a fair amount of time on it during the day (usually around 30-40 emails and 3500 minutes a month). CF looks awful on my mini browser and typing a reponse to a thread is teadious at best.

Where do we sign up? I can only imagine us putting our cell phone numbers on here and then getting 100's of calls from telemarketers who phished our info off of here :).

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
I text but not often enough to do the unlimited texting. I think I have 300/month which suffices just fine. Not to mention I have a Razor which only allows 160 characters for texting. I have a handful of CF members numbers because I have met them in person and am friends with them - we text each other every now and then. I don't need any extra texting..it will just rack up my bill and it gets annoying after awhile to me.

·
Premium Member
13,985 Posts
That would be pretty neat! Especially when you're in a jam with something and need some help.
Our local wheeling club made an emergency card. It's a laminated card with names and contact info for everyone. Keep it in the dash so if you ever do get in a situation you can pull it out and call someone.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have a BlackBerry for work and the Sprint everything plan, and spend (unfortunately) a fair amount of time on it during the day (usually around 30-40 emails and 3500 minutes a month). CF looks awful on my mini browser and typing a reponse to a thread is teadious at best.

Where do we sign up? I can only imagine us putting our cell phone numbers on here and then getting 100's of calls from telemarketers who phished our info off of here :).
I figured it would be more of a group thing, we get a list of those that are up for it and use the pm's to disperse our numbers throuout to avoid the telemarketing trebel hooks.

yeah this look like crap on my BB.. I txt alot but meh.. Myy web site look awesome on my BB but it's pretty much dead.
I have to agree with you and the other, its a bit of a chore to do on a mobile browser, but I still do it. Ice and I text, if any of you would like to be in our text group, pm me or her and we go from there. I return 99% of all texts, she may be a bit more selective lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts