Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Isn't red ATF a DOT requirement?
I don't know...I found this info from the site below...

"Most transmission fluid is red. There are dyes that are put into it to give it it’s red color. Theoretically, transmission fluid can be almost any color. Notable exceptions would be B & M ATF, which is blue, or Mercedes transmission fluid which can also be blue. It is very rare for a transmission fluid to not be red. Even royal purple transmission fluid is red."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's hard to say how long before you do it again...cuz what was in there before went 30k miles with no issues. What might make me decide when is how it looks at 5k miles. If they did what you think they might have done (which sounds logical) they only replaced part of the fluid when they did it. So you putting it the new red fluid maybe it won't be purple anymore after 5k. If it is I'd change it again...if not so bad maybe a longer interval than 5k?
Awesome thank you so much for your help with this. I will check it at 5,000 miles. If it looks okay I’ll leave it for a little longer but monitor it regularly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i need to flush my trans after i fix the radiator. my fluid looks like a strawberry milkshake and it was starting to slip after it warmed up so i parked it when i got home, of course, i hit a deer the night before and that didn't help. try to find an oem tranny cooler used.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i need to flush my trans after i fix the radiator. my fluid looks like a strawberry milkshake and it was starting to slip after it warmed up so i parked it when i got home, of course, i hit a deer the night before and that didn't help. try to find an oem tranny cooler used.
Curious.. what year is your truck? Was this starting before you hit the deer?

·
Registered
150 Posts
it is a 2006 and yes it was starting before i hit the deere. the dealer i got the truck used from told me it had been fixed, they lyed. and they went out of business not long after.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts