Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you're gonna say, because I hear it all the time: Why didn't you get a stick to begin with? Why don't you trade for a truck with a stick? The answer to the first is: manual transmission models are anathema to dealers around here unless they're hot rods like Vettes or 350s, so they refuse to order any. As for trading in, well... I ate $5K from my Sunfire just getting this truck to begin with, and I don't want to do that dance again; also, the lack of availability rears its ugly head; but above all else, I want to keep THIS truck.

So, working with what I've got, what resources are available? I want a 6-speed, but those have been reserved for only V-6 models in the States, so what aftermarket options are there? Will a Navara's 6-speed work? I know Navaras have diesel rather than petrol engines, but are their bellhousing patterns the same? Where does the clutch master cylinder fit up? How much of my wiring do I need to adapt or replace (I want to run OEM cruise cutoff and starter interlock, although the latter isn't as high a priority)? On my computer I noticed an open port marked MT; is this where manual transmission controls plug into? If you look at the computer, it is below the second set of fuses toward the upper left of all the wiring pigtails; a port marked CT is just below it.

Anyone who has stumbled onto any of this info, or anyone who has actually done a conversion (probably for the same reasons), please give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You might want to PM shiner. He has done alot of research since he has been planning a 6spd swap too. Also you might want to post up more info on your truck. You have a XE or what?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's an XE, all right. And I'm trying to add my truck's info onto my profile like most of you have, but at the moment I can't find the right spot to go to.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
haha, go to "user cp" at the top, and then on the left column, you'll find a "edit signature", click that and go to town.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Testing... Testing... Can you hear me now? Good.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

·
Registered
923 Posts
has any one done anything on this yet?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i feel your pain Dishgirl.. im wanting a MT conversion too on my 08 frontier, so if you ever run across the info give me a shout. good luck

·
Registered
538 Posts
i would like the pros and con of and auto verses a manual , do you drive on hilly conditions or carry a hevy load all the time or maybe go offroading alot or pullying a tralier , i could see a manual good for that and of course better gas milage , where i live it is all flat,and in the city, stop and go traffic is not fun with a manual, and you have your hydrolic clynder and slave clynder to contend with .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts