Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all for the winter I am looking into some different tires but unsure which way to look, really not trying to break the bank currently I have Michelin defender ltx m/s in 265/75/16 and they are not bad in the summer but i had them on last winter and wasn't impressed lost traction easier than I would have liked and expected in snow that isn't bad by Colorado standards. I do a fair amount of off-roading and maybe a small trailer here and there. So I'm looking into something more aggressive, but would also like something with some longevity as well.

I've looked around a bit and there is a lot out there, I've looked at discount tire, eBay, and amazon. Kenda Klevers were the first to pop up on eBay in 265/75/16 and seemed reasonably priced and seemed aggressive and also had a triple peak rating as well.

Any help in making a decision would be most appreciated thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m in northern Colorado and have Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tires. They did ok for me last winter but I didn’t get into the mountains during any snowfalls. They’re really quiet for an AT and have a 60,000 mile tread life.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I recommend the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. They have a three-peak mountain snowflake symbol and can perform well in the snow. I got mine from 4wheelonline last month, and I can say that these tires are great. Ride is smooth, and no hydroplaning on wet roads.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I haven’t found AT’s to be that much better in snow. Another set of rims with dedicated snows are a good way to go. Those Michelins are great tires and will wear better and get better mileage than AT’s.
I don’t off-road for fun much, so I just chain up in deep snow or ice and run all seasons.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I recommend the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. They have a three-peak mountain snowflake symbol and can perform well in the snow. I got mine from 4wheelonline last month, and I can say that these tires are great. Ride is smooth, and no hydroplaning on wet roads.
Another Wildpeak fan here. Got ours summer 2020 and luckily Discount Tire price matched Walmart who had our size on Roll Back. Great tires for our TX and CO off roading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts