Nissan Frontier Forum banner

at the end of the day...

3K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Frontier279 
#1 ·
At the end of the day if you own a 2 wheel drive rig, no matter what you do with it - IT IS STILL JUST A 2 WHEEL DRIVE RIG

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
My first pickup was a 1985 Isuzu P'up which I bought new. The truck was unstoppable, even in the snow. I look back at it fondly.
So why are you not loving your 4X2?

Clint

#9 ·

#14 ·
I love my 2wd truck. For me I saw and still see no reason to purchase a 4wd. I use the truck mostly for transportation but also to haul/tow the occasional load. 99.99% of the time I am on pavement so it made no sense for me.

#15 · (Edited)
yes and you use your truck for a different purpose then 99.9% of the ppl on the forum - so you dont count heh.

I think you will find that more than .1% of us on this forum are 4x2 owners and perfectly happy with our trucks. I bought mine for hauling not off roading. For off roading I would have picked a Haflinger.

http://www.4wdonline.com/Steyr/Haflinger.html

#17 ·
2WD, wow!! Why isn't your truck lowered

Not sure if you are talking to me, but if you are I have left mine at stock height because I haul some pretty heavy loads hauling gardening materials to my yard. I actually wish my truck was an inch or two lower just for the ease of getting in and out of it.

The older I get the higher it seems to be.

#18 ·
If you see a need for 4wd, get it. If not, don't. Without 4wd I would not make it up my driveway in the winter. Also, trying to pull a boat out of a wet boat ramp without 4wd is just asking for the guy with the bigger truck to smirk at you when you ask for a lil tug. I haven't pulled the boat out of the water yet, but I expect it will do fine based on what I have read and experienced so far. The wt distribution on the Frontiers is excellent for a truck and 2wd will do for almost any situation on the road. If you don't need 4wd, don't get it just to get it I say.

#19 ·
Drove a 2wd pickup for 6+ years. The only time it was ever stuck was on about 4 inches of ice. Other than that, no matter the weather, no matter how much snow or muck, that rig never got stuck. Like was said above, if you know how to drive, 2wd is just fine.

With that said, I LOVE having a 4x4. Especially a 4x4 stick shift. Won't be going back to 2wd.

#20 ·
iv'e alway's had a 4x4 until now my frontier is 2wd. i just needed ground clearance for what i do and the 2wd has about the same clearance. i hunt alot but wouldn't want to rut up the land owners roads if it's muddy so i will just park it and walk. i dont offroad anymore so i guess i'm getting old too lol. if it snows i will hop in the wifes xterra and go. so i guess what i'm saying is it's all about what you need. i'm a happy 2wd frontier owner but if i was 20 again it would have to be 4x4.

#21 ·
I was at a spot the other day and it was one of the few times I was about stuck without luck. I had to go back the next day and take a couple shots, because I could not believe I almost didnt make it outta there. We have taken our rig just about everywhere and alot of places we should not have made it outta-but did. I love the rig regardless. It just pisses me off when you come to that line that you could make it but you know you could make it with a little more help. I would like to take that line outta the picture, so I dont have to think about it and go. Hell we drive down the road see a cool spot and hit it hard. Reason we got our frontier is one we love nissan, but we paid off the loan for the guy that was about to loose it-which was next to nothing and it still has under 50,000 still under 45,000. Could not not buy the rig. We are replacing my wifes ride and both agreed it's gonna be an X but this time regardless of situation, were rolling away with 4WD.

-Will post some pictures of the spot later

#22 ·
if i didn't have 4x4 id be so screwed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.