Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have had my current phone, a samsung a737, which is a little blue slider phone, for a while now and i am looking for a new phone rather in a rush because this one's on its last legs. I have tried, and struck out first with a Samsung blackjack 2 and a samsung magnet with my current upgrade discount. Both times the phones were somehow messed up and i ended up going through an arduous process to send them back and get my account re-credited with the 2-year renewal discount.

Now, here i am again looking at the phones. I really want to get the motorola tundra, as i like those ruggedized phones a lot. for some reason, its is $200, more expensive then a lot of smartphones. what gives with that??? also, i'd love to have input on what are good and what to stay away from, because i've had such rotten luck so far. I am also looking at the LG VU...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I just got an iPhone...number one best thing I ever bought for that amount of money. Now that I have it, I feel like its the diffrence between Spam and filet mignon. The amount of power, knowlage, and user friendly, it can not be betten. iPhone, get one.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Blackberry..
Highly Mod. friendly with free apps!

add/edit: At&t right?
With an unlocked BB you can enroll/use the "basic" data plan; not need to have a "smart phone" plan.. At&t will catch iPhones dong this.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The iPhone has a massive amount of_free_apps too, especially if you jail break it.

I'm going to have to go with jordo on this one. I HATE apple, but I love my iPhone. The only problem I have with the iPhone is that I find myself playing with it wherever I go and it makes me feel like a pretentious *** hole. However, if I owned a blackberry, I would be a pretentious *** hole. ;)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I want an iPhone!

Tired of my Treo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What you have to consider is what do you want to do on your phone? Since you had and are looking at smartphones I'm assuming you want to go on the web and get your email sent straight to your phone. Then there is also the amount of texting and talking you want to do.

With the Tundra it's built more for the ruggedness than anything else (same thing applies with the Samsung Rugby). Plus accessing the internet on non-smartphones isn't that fun. Neither the Tundra or Rugby have qwerty keyboards-which makes texting easier.

With the Vu and Iphone getting used to the touchscreen may take a few days, but as with anything new it takes a little bit to get used to. I know both the Iphone and Vu have the option when texting to horizontally get the full qwerty keyboard which is a nice feature to have. They Iphone is like the Vu on steriods. You can't get all the cool apps on the Vu, but web browsing is somewhat similar. Also if price is an issue you have to get on the Iphone plan which is more expensive. If you get an Iphone I would recommend jailbreaking it. The only negative thing with the Iphone is you can't text picture messages, you can only email them.

As for the Blackberry, you will be paying more money to use the Blackberry features (an extra $30 a month). So again if price is an issue this may be a deterrent. You can get apps and having the full qwerty keyboard, again, is nice. And web browsing is convenient because you are using an html browser. The Blackberry's tend to be a little bit bulkier than other phones, but don't make up for it in ruggedness...unfortunately.

Other than that I would go (if you haven't already) into an AT&T store and play around with the phones. See which ones you like, especially if you are having trouble deciding between two or more phones. The looks or feel of one over the other in person may be the deciding factor.

Hope this helped. And let us know what you end up getting.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The iPhone is awesome! My wife liked it so much that I had to buy her one just so I could use my own phone.

Funny...I had to do the same thing for my wife....

OP...if you are rough on phones, then do NOT get the iPhone, get a BB. If you take care of your stuff, then get the iPhone, its a great little machine.

BTW, the LG VU....sucks balls...iPhone is a much better, user friendly device.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
iPhone 3Gs, hands down. Get the 16gig version...they just dropped down to $200. I pay about $105/month for unlimited data, 1500 texts, and the bare bones minutes (450min).

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my iPhone, If you are rough on your phone, Get an OtterBox defender case...it will save you some grief if you are rough on it....They make them for the Crackberrys too.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I've got a Samsung Rugby and I love this phone. Sure texting is a mild pain because it doesn't have a standard keyboard, but that's why I have a laptop and wireless. I don't have to worry if I sit on this phone or it goes skidding across the floor once I get it out of my pocket and hell, any phone that can stand being submerged in a couple meters of water for an hour and still work is OK by me!

·
Registered
346 Posts
The iPhone has a massive amount of_free_apps too, especially if you jail break it.

I'm going to have to go with jordo on this one. I HATE apple, but I love my iPhone. The only problem I have with the iPhone is that I find myself playing with it wherever I go and it makes me feel like a pretentious *** hole. However, if I owned a blackberry, I would be a pretentious *** hole. ;)
I feel that way when I pull my BB Curve 8900 out at work haha...I love the damn thing though. It's technological crack haha

I pay about $105/month for unlimited data, 1500 texts, and the bare bones minutes (450min).
Heh, that's the same exact plan I have...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts