Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating whether to sell my fronty. It is a meticulously maintained vehicle with 150,000 mostly highway miles. I'm not sure what to ask for it. KBB is about 7500. The one thing that bothers me is the check engine light is on. The code was for the precat o2 sensor, which was replaced however the light came back on. Neither my mechanic or the dealer can figure it out. Other than that the truck runs and looks very good.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You could try replacing the cat, that might be the issue.

Your asking price will depend on the trucks curb appeal as well as the area you live. You will not really get more for it by fixing whatever is causing the CEL, but it will sell better/faster that way. Replacing a cat at an exhaust shop isn't very expensive.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
$7500 sounds right.
$6500 if you don't fix the CEL.
Basically if a buyer falls in love with your truck, it's worth more.
If a seller is selling because of divorce, foreclosure, job loss and the dog died, it is worth less.

·
Super Moderator
11,291 Posts
I'm debating whether to sell my fronty. It is a meticulously maintained vehicle with 150,000 mostly highway miles. I'm not sure what to ask for it. KBB is about 7500. The one thing that bothers me is the check engine light is on. The code was for the precat o2 sensor, which was replaced however the light came back on. Neither my mechanic or the dealer can figure it out. Other than that the truck runs and looks very good.
Pretty sad that the company that built the truck has dealer "techs" who can't figure it out. Bring back the good old days when mechanics had analytical minds and figured out everything.

Clint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts