Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2016 Black S Frontier, I was drawn in by its simple charm, and the fact that most of the problems with my old Escape were tech related. And who can resist a two year old pickup with only 20,200 miles for $16,000. I think this truck spent its first life as an Auto Zone delivery truck, it is in perfect condition except for the dented wheel wells from someone dropping a pallet into the bed leaving the inprint of a 2x4 on the top of each well.

My first modification was replacing the stock radio with a JVC KW-M730BT with Android Auto/Apple Car Play
For now its got a new black Tractor Supply storage box, that sits just below the top edge of the box. In the spring I will get a spray on bedliner and folding bed cover.

So far I have enjoyed putting the first 1000 miles on it, but it is really struggling in the 10 ins. of snow we got today, as long as i was moving I was ok, but if I stopped it was a struggle to get started, I need to get some weight in it for traction, for the few days with bad roads each year I am going to miss the Escapes AWD.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Same appeal to me...

The ability to drive a vehicle to the 10 year 200k miles mark without wondering which of the bells and whistles is gonna go bad PLUS not having another Mortgage payment is appealing.

It gets better with time too.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
speaking of swapping the steel wheels for aluminum wheels, does anyone know if the lugnuts need to be replaced as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts