Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like the look of the spare tire mounted in the bed just couldn't do with out having the whole bed usable

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Looks sweet! Stock front springs? If so how much stiffer than stock is it sitting at the full 2inch lift?
Thanks! The front springs are stock, nothing changed there. I like the ride better now, its firmer but not terrible. i was expecting worse. If you hit terrible bumps or train tracks you feel the stiffness but for daily driving its pretty good. The roads in Houston are terrible and it does pretty well. Maybe because i am in my 20's i do not feel it as much but its pretty comfortable.

If you get a stiffer tire like the KO2 you may feel it more but with the Nittos not as much.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice looking truck! I like the heist wheels. I'm looking at those in a 16x8 with the milled accents for my truck.
Thanks! i have seem some on a silver truck here and they look good!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Its been a few months since anything major was done to the truck but today she goes back in for a new suspension setup. Radflo 2.0 coil over in the front to replace the 5100 and a 1 inch block with some 5125 for the rear. also go some new break lines to go along.

Next week she gets a new grill with a built in light bar. Should be an exciting few days for me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Why the 1" block on top of the coilovers?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Why the 1" block on top of the coilovers?
the 1 inch block is for the rear. on top pf the coil over i put a 1/2 inch spacer not to max them out and suffer in ride quality.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Alright guys, so the new ultimate travel kit from Nisstec with SPC upper arms and the new Grill and Light bar are in. Trucks rides like a cadillac, could not be any happier. I was in love with the old setup but this one takes it by far.

here are some pictures of the finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
looks awesome...quick question for ya. what are your fender arch heights from the ground? i am running the same setup, except i took off my 1/2" spacer. my coilovers are cranked to about 2 1/4" thread showing. still have an awesome ride, fender arch is at 37.5" up front on 265's, hub center to fender is ~ 23". just looking for a comparison!.

i took my spacers off since my cv fins were just starting to touch with that much lift.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
looks awesome...quick question for ya. what are your fender arch heights from the ground? i am running the same setup, except i took off my 1/2" spacer. my coilovers are cranked to about 2 1/4" thread showing. still have an awesome ride, fender arch is at 37.5" up front on 265's, hub center to fender is ~ 23". just looking for a comparison!.

i took my spacers off since my cv fins were just starting to touch with that much lift.
my front wheel arch top is 38 and 1/4 and my rear is 38 and 1/2 and the distance from center of hub to top of the fender is 23.

so the 1 inch difference is probably due to tire. my old set up was 37 1/4 front and 37 1/2 rear.

now you got me worried. how long did you run the set up before you noticed it. and what do you mean my cv fins? i don't assume your talking about to fins on the cv boots are you?

·
Registered
352 Posts
cv boot fins. i run 265's. was at 38 1/4" - 38 1/2". i knew it was pushing it but i ran it that way for 6-7 months, even wheeled like that. no issues but i saw slight rub marks between the fins. i don't enjoy replacing cv joints and don't plan to until i titan swap so i pulled the spacer. also, only had maybe 3/4" clearance between spc control arm and coil bucket. looks and rides much better now, uca is almost parallel. also, cvs flattened out considerably just pulling spacers. lower ball joints also look much less stressed.

just my .02, jsut wanted to see where you were sitting...Thanks a TON! I never took before measurements so I was shooting in the dark.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It's been a while since anything major was done to the truck. This weekend i got a alignment done, changed the oil and rotated the tires.

Today i finally dropped my AEM Cai system in and i am in love with the truck all again. I also put in a pre filter sock just to keep the filter a little cleaner.

Also took some time to add some rubicon leaf spring retainer to prevent them from moving around too much. Highly recommend both these products.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Got to add some more goodies to the truck this past weekend and fix some issues. My Hid fogs were power hungry and causing issues so i pulled the trigger on the Rigid SAE kit and buy was it a good choice. Clean set up, bright lights and not blinding anyone any more. I can say i am starting to feel like the King of pods in the front of my truck.

Also replaced my old broken PRG AAL with some Alcans from nisstec after i drove over a pebble and one of them snapped. Ended up taking the block i had on there off and putting the overlaod spring back on the truck.

topped it all off with some spitrax spacers to make the truck have a nice stance.

I have an AVS bug deflector on the way and it should be the last things i add on before doing headers, exhaust, Catless b pipe and up rev.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
Nice job

Yeah the Rigid SAEs are super bright, cutoff is better than the Morimotos, IMO

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It has been a while since i updated my build page but some things have changed.

Went to the RC 6 inch lift and cost to do the Radflo coilovers instead of the spacer or strut.
Went up to 35's now with the lift kit and still running Nitto Tires but now im on the Ridge Grappler.
Cut up the exhaust and did the Magnaflow y pipe which has been great.

Here are some pics.

Also found out that the Shrockworks skid wont work with the kit if you run sway bars. If you do, you will need to trim your skid plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
@Arthur_C if you don't mind me asking... how much was that Rigid grill with led insert.... guessing just under $2k?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
@Arthur_C if you don't mind me asking... how much was that Rigid grill with led insert.... guessing just under $2k?
more like just under 1k $450 for the grill and $500 for the bar. Thats all retail tho, my costs are different due to deals.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Damn those discounts!!! According to Rigid online.... Its $699 just for the grill itself WITHOUT the led bar.... sigh

21 - 40 of 45 Posts