Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I just got back from Art and Soul Festival in downtown Oakland and I wanted to post some pics so people can see a different side of Oakland then what they hear or see in the media. Many of you might have heard about the murder of a civilian by BART police, and the subsequent protests, or you probably heard about the murder of four OPD officers by an armed civilian, but you never hear about the good side of Oakland so I wanted to share some with you. These are pics of the crowd and of my son playing with other kids. This to me represents my hometown much more then the negative stories in the media: diverse groups of people coming together to enjoy music, food, art, culture, and community with each other. Walking through the crowd at this festival might as well be a trip around the world with people and food from all over. Enjoy!

Sorry the pics are so crappy. They don't do the atmosphere justice at all. Thanks for checking them out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
if only the atmoshphere was that pleasant at a raiders game:)looks like a good time man

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
Many of you might have heard about the murder of a civilian by BART police.
if you are refering to the oscar grant incident, it wasn't a murder, it was a homicide.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for checking out the pics. Unfortunatley Raiders games are pretty out of hand, lots of drunks. If you get the chance to visit Oakland I suggest checking out Lake Merrit and surrounding neighborhoods, that's the most integrated and mellow part of town, still can be funky at night, but a cool place to see. Thanks again guys.:hi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts