Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely there must be a way to add a usable arm rest. Aside from replacing the entire front seats with seats with fold down armrests I can't think of anything. Maybe hit the junkyard and salvage something to mount on to the existing seats? Replace the center console? My right arm feels like it is in limbo.

·
Super Moderator
11,077 Posts
I sat in a Toyota Venza and it's armrest moves front to back to give you comfort options. It would be nice if we could retrofit something like this.

Clint

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an old VW that had a sliding console lid...was pitiful but better than nothing. Is that what the Toyota you are referring to does?

The more I look at it you I could probably buy a small console and cut it up to rest on the current middle cup holders. Don't want it to look like crap so I will take my time looking for something. Folding down the passenger seat seems to give me a place to put my arm as well. Maybe slide something btwn the passenger seat and center console....hmmm, wheels are turning. It may take awhile but I will think of something.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
i have to 100% agree with you guys on this!

when i traded in my '09 Chevy Colorado (big piece of crap) that was the one thing i didnt like about my Pro-4X was how low & set back the arm rest was!

hopefully someone will find or create an alternative or after market for this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why dont ya just build one? thats what i did, I will take some pics and put on here. I made it out of pressed wood ($15), foam ($7) amd , material ($10) and even housed a 6x9 in it I will get you a pic as soon as i can- it turned out really good- perfect armrest level and tons of foam

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics yes please! I saw something at Wal Mart today but the end product would have been ugly. Again, pics! I envision what you are describing for sure.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes anything that looks good would be great! The armrest doesn't rest the arm, what were they thinking?:crikey:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
sorry re-posted

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will as soon as i get home. My brother in law is heading to Iraq again and i will not be home until tommorrow but as soon as get home i will put the pics up..should be tom night--

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey griff, i just put the pics on here- just do a search for new armrest/console-- it was dark when i got home so the pics could be better- but i just wanted you to see what i was talking about-- i will try and get some better pics for ya-- it really wasnt hard to make, and the good thing about my armrest is that with all of the cushioning i added, i didnt even have to bolt it in, it just fits right in very, very snuggly- anyway hope this helps ya

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
hey griff, i just put the pics on here- just do a search for new armrest/console-- it was dark when i got home so the pics could be better- but i just wanted you to see what i was talking about-- i will try and get some better pics for ya-- it really wasnt hard to make, and the good thing about my armrest is that with all of the cushioning i added, i didnt even have to bolt it in, it just fits right in very, very snuggly- anyway hope this helps ya
Did you loose the cup holders for that set up? Also did you just take out and replace the entire console up to the shifter? A top view would help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry about the pics, i was gonna try to take a couple of more but my camera was dead, i am gonna try to take some tom and put on here-- but no i didnt lose the cup holder or the part around the shifter i started the console about 1/2 behind the cupholder, i thought about adding a couple of cupholders instead of the speaker, but my legs cover up the speakers on the door and i cant hear them that well so i went for the 6x9--- i will add new pics and give the dimensions as soon as i can, i got a test for my masters class tom, so it might be later this week but will do it asap

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome, man. Thanks and looks good! Fabricating something seems to be the best way to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jsan1, that looks very nice...

I know this is an old resurrected thread but ....

I'm 6'3" and have no issues. Has anyone thought about pedal extensions, rather than trying to fabricate a new console? Slide the seat all the way back and see if you can comfortably steer... Might be a better and cheaper option.

PedalMates (by CCI) - Adjustable Pedal Extensions

·
Registered
18 Posts
Frank, Thanks for the nice comment. I'm 6' 1'' and this armrest even if not extended forward adds about 3 1/2" to the height of the stock armrest which makes it about even with the armrest on the door and really helps,even a tall person,with driver fatigue especially on long trips. I usually extend mine all the way forward so I can rest my entire forearm.This add on is much softer than the stock armrest also.
I appreciate you viewing our site and please pass it on to anyone that we might be able to help!
To anyone interested, we are talking about www.greatarmrest.shutterfly.com

Jsan1

1 - 20 of 42 Posts