Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to add fog lights and want to know if the SE model is prewired for it. I know the Titan SE is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
MIne was. Peek your head in the fender well. You should see a harness neatly tucked up and away by the bumper.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yea some are some arent, but mines was. I am in the process in getting the factory stalk to work with the aftermarket lights!

·
Registered
320 Posts
my 05 SE kingcab was prewired for fogs.

the plug should be tucked up under the fender, near the front bumper.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine was!

Two lights, two bezels, mounting hardware, and turn signal switch from the dealer.

Too easy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The plugs for the fogs should be right above the fog light holes on both sides behind the bumper. Mine was held up with green electric tape. If anyone buys fog lights and wants them to come on with your parking lights. Use the blown fuse thing to rewire the system and don't waste your money on the new turn signal switch. With the blown fuse thing you won't have any use at all for your factory fog light switch on the turn signal switch.

Here is a link to the discussion on the blown fuse thing
http://p085.ezboard.com/ftunfsfrm41.showMessage?topicID=1582.topic

·
Registered
838 Posts
my 05' se was pre wired! i ordered the entire package from courtesyparts.com for around $300 or so. well worth the money! comes w/ factory stalk, lamps, and facias. this is a very easy mod to do. good luck!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is there any detailed instruction on how to remove and install the new light stalk? They used to be on courtesyparts.com, but I could not find them

Will

·
Registered
838 Posts
i don't believe any instructions came w/ the unit, but it is very easy. in fact, it is easier to install than those 2 lamps. i have big hands so it was tough to reach in there but i got it eventually. as far as the head light stalk goes, look at your steering wheel and adjust the tilt all the way up and lock in place. look at the base of the steering on the left/right side and you will find a deep hole on both. use a long narrow phillips screwdriver and take it slow w/ good pressure so that you don't strip them. the base is made of 2 pieces of plastic and will unsnap on the left and right side. pull them apart up and down not left and right. once you have those 2 pieces off from the base of the steering column, take a look at the current stalk and you will find a snap in tab right behind it. use a small flat head scredriver to apply pressure and pull the stalk at the same time. these stalks are plug and play which makes a swap out very easy. once you snap in the new stalk just repeat your steps to reassemble the entire column.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Babybusa will proably install them on Tuesday, as I have class Monday night. Now I have a heads up on what to do and will make it easier I appreciate it.

Will

·
Registered
838 Posts
no problem will. if you have any questions just pm me and i'll walk you through.
nick

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm taking my truck in to get the fog lights installed (I ordered the kit from courtesyparts.com) and did not realize there were no instructions.

Anyone have detailed info on how to install the lights?

·
Registered
838 Posts
i don't have detailed instructions of the lights, but i'll give you a run down on the install. i believe you will need a 10m wrench or socket. turn the wheel toward the inside all of the way so you can wedge yourself in there. look and feel behind the bumber and pull down the small black connector which will be taped and tucked up high. take your wrench and undo the 2 bolts on the plastic filler piece. take it out slow so you don't scratch the pieces. grab your new fog light ballast assembly and connect the plug and play wire connector. place the facia in first then the light ballast. slide it in upward slowly so you don't scratch anything. feed the 2 bolts w/ pressure into the 2 clips and tighten. YOU ARE FINISHED! all in all, it took me about a half an hour. easy install but it can get frustrating with those damn bolts. good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you! Appreciate the advice (and love your avatar!).

·
Registered
838 Posts
SunGrrrl372 said:
Thank you! Appreciate the advice (and love your avatar!).
thanks! he's my all time favorite actor. Mmmm that's a tasty burga! i hope that info. helped out. :lol:
nick

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am planning to get the fog lights and the head light stalk. With the new head light stalk can you turn on and off the fog lights. Meaning can I just have the fog lights on with no other lights on. Or say have the headlights on then turn on the fog lights then later turn them off? I saw the blown fuse method some people are using, but I would like to control the lights just by themselves and not with the parking ligjts. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts