Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 Frontier was sold to my bro this week and I am now waiting for a deal on a 2016 Desert Runner. Are all the issues resolved on the later Frontiers? Specifically the timing chain tensioners and the radiators? I have been researching and googling but all i see are on the 05-10 Frontiers.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I also am still researching mid size trucks. As far as I can tell the radiator issue has been resolved. Not sure on the chain tensioners.

imo, you would think if it was still a major issue posters would be reporting issues. Even on this forum the timing chain post stopped in 2013,

·
Registered
520 Posts
My 2012 has been stellar for the last 36,300mi. I had a CEL for the evap canister or ? at 500 miles but that was a warranty issue. AFAIK they are stone cold reliable. BTW, this is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle, and I still love it!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts
My 08 and 10 were perfect and expect my 16 will be as well but they come with a warranty so why sweat something that hasn't happened? If you read any forum too deeply you'll never buy anything. I'll bet money that someone would b-itch about a Bentley too.
Go buy the truck and smile as you enjoy the ride.

Clint

·
Registered
287 Posts
2015 Desert Runner Crew Cab here. Rolled off the "stealership's" lot with 20 miles on the clock. Now 16 months later with 15k on the clock I still love my rig. Only problem I've had with it is the fabric around the lumbar support lever. They did replace the seat black under warranty.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 2016 Frontier crew cab. It is a great truck. I got it in April with 6 miles on it. runs and drives great. I think the brakes are a little soft but Nissan assures me they are ok. Otherwise, it is great. Just hit 10,000 miles last week. Came with great warranty and the dealer gave me a lifetime power train warranty provided I keep up proper maintenance per the manual. With that warranty, who cares if it blows up! But I don't expect it to! Good power, decent amount of room, I'm happy with it and would say it is worth buying!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2016 CC as well, only issue I've had with it so far was a loose bracket around the moonroof area that was causing a loud metallic rattle, but the dealership fixed it for free no questions asked, and gave me a loaner Rogue while they were working on it. Other than that, it's been great.

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
guy on facebook has cross contamination on his 2010 on monday.

i would still bypass after your warranty is up and add and extra cooler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts