Nissan Frontier Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
when i 1st started the net was in its infancy and i saw how it took 75k a yr down to 45k and less in a few short years,still kinda miss it ,ya know that feeling when ya hammered some one on say a conversion/custom van for a 6/7k front end,,lol
Those 6 or 7 lb deals are still out there, but pretty rare. Like 3 or 4 times a year rare. It's a volume game now.

Those 6 or 7 lb deals are still out there, but pretty rare. Like 3 or 4 times a year rare. It's a volume game now.
dam,,,i would get pissed off if i didn't hit 2-3 a month like that,my sad issue was i loved to gamble and having grown up/lived in Philly area(moved to tx 10 yrs ago) was a short ride to Atlantic city w/ pay ck in hand.....

you must buy from the dealer. But you have to do your own stuff. People of all race are enemies to themselves. Avoid the people. Soon we will have robot to deal with and to hell with people. Hang on buddy.. We are working on a perfect world.

For 10yrs I try to buy two manifold oxygen sensor from the dealer. The parts guy hated me and alway play friend with me. One day I caught him dropping my oxygen sensor on the concrete floor to cause damage that I will never notice. I must have bought 8 pair of sensor and over $3k in sensor. Finally I bought the sensor on eBay and my check engine light was fix.

The dealer is good. The people in the dealer are for aftermarket parts and Eletric cars. Don't truth people.

Thought Id post this here just to share my Nissan dealer experiences..

TL;DR why are all Florida Nissan dealers apparently dicks lol

Full version:

If anyones seen my build thread, you know I totaled my old Honda before buying my Fronty. I waited until I had the insurance check in the bank before shopping around for my truck - so I had cash in hand, intending to pay in full once I found what I wanted.

I started at one local dealer (Jenkins) just to test drive. They had a bunch of Desert Runners, but nothing 4wd. I mentioned to the salesman I was looking for a 4x4, so he knew that from the outset. After the test drive, the guy pressured me inside because it would earn him points with his boss if I would sit and let him work up some pricing paperwork. Ok whatever, I wasnt in a hurry. So what that comes down to is the dude did this whole dog and pony show, writing numbers on the paper starting at 30k what would it take to get you to drive out of here in that truck tonight, all the while writing lower and lower numbers lol. He got down to 23k before I said well thats in the ballpark but I really want to look at a 4wd. Finally excused myself and booked it out of there..

Next day I went to another dealer nearby (Hill), and test drove an SV 4x4 with VTP. This salesman was just a good ol boy, let me take it off road in an orange grove to try out the 4wd and everything. Really would have liked to bought it from him - but asking about the price, they wouldnt go lower than 31k(!).

Started shopping online, and found several different dealers that had what I was looking for, an SV 4x4 with NO vtp, but with the towing package. Drove up to the nearest one, about an hour away, to look at it. Super nice kid working there, his 3rd week on the job. He was (over)eager, but all around did a good job on what turned out to be a sale.

The truck had been on the lot for 6 month according to cargurus, so I knew that coming in. We went out to see it in the lot, and it wouldnt start lol. Tried jumping off, no luck. Assumed the battery was bad, so ok that just means Ive got one more thing to bargain with. We go inside, and the kid tries to run my credit. I told him hey you dont need all that info, just let me talk to the sales manager on price. So he goes and gets the guy. I asked him, whats the best price you can do. He vanishes, comes back with a sheet of paper with his best price on it. I looked at it and laughed.. and pulled out my printout of their online price that was nearly $1000 less than what he quoted hahahaha. I pointed this out to him, he got all flustered and disappeared again, coming back with another price that was magically like $400 less than the Internet price, $25,300. Ok, have a nice day, and I walk out.

I spent the next day calling 3 other nearby dealers who had what I wanted. The first had 3 of them, and wouldnt go lower than $29k. The next, same story. The last one (2 hours away) literally told me well if youve really got a dealer willing to take $1000 less than us, then save your gas and go buy it from them.

So I did :)

I seriously considered driving up to the other guys dealer just to show him, after the save your gas BS. But not for 4 hours round trip haha.

The kicker, turned out that it wasnt a bad battery-they had lost the original keys for my truck and had to make some new ones. Then, their 3rd party locksmith contractor was supposed to get me the missing key fobs-which took 2 weeks and multiple calls to him AND the dealership after he stopped returning my calls. The dealership finally got them from him and overnighted them to me.

So, again, I have no idea what it is but out of 6 Nissan dealers I tried to buy my truck from, only one (Hill) seemed to have their act together. The rest were super ghetto about everything and either trying to rip me off or blow me off.. then the key thing as icing on the cake. I wish Hill would have come down on price, because I would rather have dealt with them but theirs had the VTP so I guess that factored in to it.

My parents bought 2 Fords in the past year, and the Ford dealers were far more professional and easy to deal with. Whats with the FL Nissan dealers??
As a Floridian I wish you would have had a better experience!

I know nothing about Florida but from my experience in the vast STL (Missouri) metro area, including a radius about two to three hours in radius. I'd say that it really doesn't matter much. I never found one dealer through 2.5 years of (pretty active) searching that I said, OK I trust this one with my money. When it came to purchasing a car (New, used, doesn't matter). Maybe I just had bad luck, but mainly it seemed they would prefer you go with them and their fixed price or walk. On the service side it seemed like there was more variety in quality but even then that depended on who was working where and on what day. The worst thing I ever saw was a used truck in good condition I was looking to purchase was listed online at an online auction for $13,000 with a $250 shipping charge. I managed to find that it was sold to a dealer an hour away from me. Guess how much they listed it for?

$23,500 and they would NOT BUDGE!

I hope this pandemic helps clean the table with these dealerships and make them realize that if they treat people like crap then they go broke.

I sometimes think that today's ultra-low interest rates contribute to all kinds of Buyer stupidity. Cheap money is inflationary. Responsible people go to buy a vehicle and their offer is rejected because the next guy through the door has pockets filled with an overabundance of borrowed money.

We've lived in our area for 30+ years and have bought only one vehicle locally. All of the others have been sourced hundreds of miles away.

Reactions: RockMechanic
Guess how much they listed it for?

$23,500 and they would NOT BUDGE!
Is this "SPOILER" style of text accessible in our CF replies, or did you spoof the system??

Is this "SPOILER" style of text accessible in our CF replies, or did you spoof the system??
Not sure about spoofing the system? (would need to look that up in a dictionary)
I just found it as an option when looking for attachments. It's the Inline spoiler?

Reactions: shift_RUSH
Not sure about spoofing the system? (would need to look that up in a dictionary)
I just found it as an option when looking for attachments. It's the Inline spoiler?
Not seeing it under attachments? On a Mac here, so........
By 'spoofing', I was thinking maybe you had just manually typed in the command to imbed the spoiler style of hidden text.

Not seeing it under attachments? On a Mac here, so........
By 'spoofing', I was thinking maybe you had just manually typed in the command to imbed the spoiler style of hidden text.
I know this isn't relevant to the current discussion, but to reply to you @shift_RUSH
For me at least (next to the smiley face). Under insert there is Media, Quote, Spoiler, Inline Spoiler, code, and then inline code.

Reactions: shift_RUSH
About the only car dealers now adays that will treat you right on the sale are the Established single owner ones that have made their money on their reputation.

The Big conglomerates dont train the sale people and dont give a rats arse about anything but the bottom line.

I bought Chevys and dodges for years hear in Covington just because of this (good dealers) till the Dodges started acting like Dodges (more time in the shop then on the road) and would have bought another Chevy until GM abandoned its warranty customers on bankruptcy in 2008 (I think)
True this. I only go to Melloy Nissan in Albuquerque which is an established owner. I've done well on my last purchase but also had bad experiences there as well. But the service department is amazing and I do have a good contact with a great sales person there and feel I can get a fair deal. Problem is right now is not a good time to buy trucks either new or used. The demand has never been so high and supply is very low. In short, they are getting close to MSRP and with Toyota's several thousands over MSRP on tacoma's and 4 runners. I've seen used tacoma's go for close to 40K with 70K miles. Its insane right now. If you really want a better price you may need to travel a longer distance to an area where inventories are higher and demand lower. I shipped a BMW from a neighboring state. Cost me about 700 dollars but I saved over 7K over what my local dealer offered. Right now many of the chevy and ford dealers look like they have gone out of business with literally no trucks on the lots. I'm glad I got my 2019 P4X with lux package when I did. Paid 35K out the door. Right now they are selling 2019's like mine with low miles for around 33K. I've never seen Frontiers hold their values like this. But I probably would not buy any truck right now in Albuquerque. Doubt I could work up much of a deal.

Just looked at local dealers. Paid 24,900 for my new 2019 4x4 kc vtp. Used 2019’s are 28.9k-33k. Those are sv prices, pro4x only slightly higher. The dealer I bought mine from has the identical truck with 15k for 32,000. Insane.

Just looked at local dealers. Paid 24,900 for my new 2019 4x4 kc vtp. Used 2019’s are 28.9k-33k. Those are sv prices, pro4x only slightly higher. The dealer I bought mine from has the identical truck with 15k for 32,000. Insane.
Yeah its crazy what people are paying for used trucks right now. The best advice I can give is to hold off on buying. I can see the supply chain filling up allot sooner for new. But the used market will be pretty scary for the foreseeable future. I was thinking of selling my 19 but if I did, I wouldn't buy anything new for quite awhile. And If I do i'll probably wait for the upcoming colorado with the 2.7 turbo or the next gen ranger with the 2.7 eco. Having 400 lbs of torque might be worth the wait. Not liking the new powerplant on the 3rd gen Frontier. Major disappointment. After a 15 year wait they needed to do more. Allot more.

Thought Id post this here just to share my Nissan dealer experiences..

TL;DR why are all Florida Nissan dealers apparently dicks lol

Full version:

If anyones seen my build thread, you know I totaled my old Honda before buying my Fronty. I waited until I had the insurance check in the bank before shopping around for my truck - so I had cash in hand, intending to pay in full once I found what I wanted.

I started at one local dealer (Jenkins) just to test drive. They had a bunch of Desert Runners, but nothing 4wd. I mentioned to the salesman I was looking for a 4x4, so he knew that from the outset. After the test drive, the guy pressured me inside because it would earn him points with his boss if I would sit and let him work up some pricing paperwork. Ok whatever, I wasnt in a hurry. So what that comes down to is the dude did this whole dog and pony show, writing numbers on the paper starting at 30k what would it take to get you to drive out of here in that truck tonight, all the while writing lower and lower numbers lol. He got down to 23k before I said well thats in the ballpark but I really want to look at a 4wd. Finally excused myself and booked it out of there..

Next day I went to another dealer nearby (Hill), and test drove an SV 4x4 with VTP. This salesman was just a good ol boy, let me take it off road in an orange grove to try out the 4wd and everything. Really would have liked to bought it from him - but asking about the price, they wouldnt go lower than 31k(!).

Started shopping online, and found several different dealers that had what I was looking for, an SV 4x4 with NO vtp, but with the towing package. Drove up to the nearest one, about an hour away, to look at it. Super nice kid working there, his 3rd week on the job. He was (over)eager, but all around did a good job on what turned out to be a sale.

The truck had been on the lot for 6 month according to cargurus, so I knew that coming in. We went out to see it in the lot, and it wouldnt start lol. Tried jumping off, no luck. Assumed the battery was bad, so ok that just means Ive got one more thing to bargain with. We go inside, and the kid tries to run my credit. I told him hey you dont need all that info, just let me talk to the sales manager on price. So he goes and gets the guy. I asked him, whats the best price you can do. He vanishes, comes back with a sheet of paper with his best price on it. I looked at it and laughed.. and pulled out my printout of their online price that was nearly $1000 less than what he quoted hahahaha. I pointed this out to him, he got all flustered and disappeared again, coming back with another price that was magically like $400 less than the Internet price, $25,300. Ok, have a nice day, and I walk out.

I spent the next day calling 3 other nearby dealers who had what I wanted. The first had 3 of them, and wouldnt go lower than $29k. The next, same story. The last one (2 hours away) literally told me well if youve really got a dealer willing to take $1000 less than us, then save your gas and go buy it from them.

So I did :)

I seriously considered driving up to the other guys dealer just to show him, after the save your gas BS. But not for 4 hours round trip haha.

The kicker, turned out that it wasnt a bad battery-they had lost the original keys for my truck and had to make some new ones. Then, their 3rd party locksmith contractor was supposed to get me the missing key fobs-which took 2 weeks and multiple calls to him AND the dealership after he stopped returning my calls. The dealership finally got them from him and overnighted them to me.

So, again, I have no idea what it is but out of 6 Nissan dealers I tried to buy my truck from, only one (Hill) seemed to have their act together. The rest were super ghetto about everything and either trying to rip me off or blow me off.. then the key thing as icing on the cake. I wish Hill would have come down on price, because I would rather have dealt with them but theirs had the VTP so I guess that factored in to it.

My parents bought 2 Fords in the past year, and the Ford dealers were far more professional and easy to deal with. Whats with the FL Nissan dealers??
Our problem is what you said plus our closest dealer is 60 miles away.

Nissan Dealer in southeastern Pennsylvania is the worst - laziest sales people ever. If what a customer wants is not in their lot, they won't lift a finger to find one. I wanted a KC Pro4X and the dealer said they couldn't find any. Same excuse every time: "There aren't any KC Pro4X Frontiers anywhere in the USA." I finally bought one from a Burlington, North Carolina Nissan dealer - a terrific family-owned dealer. I complained to a couple of Nissan managers at Overland Expo East and the Nissan managers said they had no control over the dealer quality.

I'm in Florida and have bought 3 Nissans in the last 7 years. (2 from the same name dealers at different locations). All three transactions were great with no issues and everyone was very professional. And service has always been great as well!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.