Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for a front bumper and dont know what to get. The shrock takes 3 months to make and im pretty sure i can get the ARB alot sooner which is a plus for ARB. However i havent heard much on how well they perform. It also looks like you dont gain much tire space from the stock bumper as compared to shrock. And doin a titan swap im assuming the extra tire space is pretty crucial. Those of you that got the ARB bumpers from that group buy, how are you liking them.

·
Registered
444 Posts
As I have learned you cant have it all when it comes to bumpers. ARB leans more towards the light weight end of the spectrum. They don't recommend you use the tabs for an actual recovery since they aren't braced on the back side and use rather thin metal. ARBs also have twisted under side pulls with a winch so badly they push up on the fender. Of course, I have no idea what conditions that was under. I would check the weight difference between the two and go from there. Do you plan on putting on a winch right away?

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll probably be a month or two for the winch, unless i get some extra cash.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Are you thinking of an 8000 or 12000? I just put on a M8000 on my Badlands Bumper and it seems pretty nice. I would go light unless you plan on rock crawling.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
fyi the shrocks takes more than 3 months.....closer to 5 months it seems...its been 4 months me waitin so far...i'd personally do KMA if i wasn't gettin a shrock

·
Super Moderator
11,179 Posts
That's insane!
Nissan built my truck and delivered it in 8 weeks and a bumper takes months?
There's something missing here. You guys are patient people.

Clint

·
Registered
513 Posts
Are you thinking of an 8000 or 12000? I just put on a M8000 on my Badlands Bumper and it seems pretty nice. I would go light unless you plan on rock crawling.
You have a front bumper from Badlands in Ravensdale?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah pics? I live in Covington and while a front bumper isn't in the financial cards right now, when it is I was thinking of going with them.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I'd love to see what Badlands could come up with for a rear bumper, their taco version looks pretty good.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didnt even know KMA had a front bumper. Anyone rockin one on a 2nd gen frontier? and i was thinking of getting a 9500

·
Registered
2,928 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'd say go shrock, its by far the slickest looking of the two, and probably tougher as well

ARB comes in one style basically, and has no provisions to mount your stock fog lights

Shrock does, and also comes with a shrock skid plate

But if you really, really want something rough, look into the Iron Bull bumper. Its on the expensive size, but in terms of protection and toughness... its the tits

·
Registered
25 Posts
So between the two.....Shrock is the better one? I'm looking for a bumper too so I'm weighing all options. Not cooling to crawl just trail running.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go Shrock

Personally I'd recommend Shrock. Just installed their rear bumper and it's a thing of beauty. Also have Shrock sliders. Quality is great, fit and finish are perfect. (Note: the rear bumper shackle tabs are part of the frame mount bracket to about as tough as they come). I don't know if the front tabs are the same (couldn't find a note about it on the website) but you can't go wrong with these. Might have to wait... my sliders took 3 months, but my rear bumper was under a month. Good things come to those who wait...

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm leaning toward shrock. But i'm also interested in lighter prerunner type bumpers with a winch mount.

I'd really like a flattop.. something like this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's a pretty clean rear bumper. I had been looking at the Calamini rear tube bumper but hav been trying to figure out how it could work with my pre-existing tow hitch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts