Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is an overview of my ARB Twin Air compressor installation. I decided to mount the compressor under the front of the bed. I considered inside the cab but the only acceptable option was under the drivers seat and I already have plans for an inverter under there.

I'm permanently mounting the compressor for:
1. Easier tire fill ups
2. Run front air locker (future)

The plan is to mount the compressor under the bed and route air to a quick release chuck on the rear bumper and provision for a chuck on a future front bumper. There will also be an air line going to the front diff when I install my M205 front diff with air locker. The compressor and locker will be controlled by two switches in my SwitchPros switch panel. The twin air compressor has a relay built in. I removed most of the supplied ARB wiring and custom wired for my application.

I found the best place under the truck for the compressor is at the very front center of the bed above the driveshaft and rear diff. This location allows for a simple flat plate mounting bracket, keeps the compressor well above the skid plates, and places the compressor out of the primary tire dirt/water/mud spray cone.

Bracket layout:

With components installed:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks like it'll be a pretty solid setup. Also likely keeps the compressor cooler than running it under the hood

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drilled the holes in the bed and got the compressor mounted.

The intake air filters are located behind the right tail light to keep them from being submerged.

The air chuck in the rear bumper is integrated into a modified 7 pin shell for stealth.

·
Registered
973 Posts
holy crap!! I love it!!

Question, is this thing ip68? is it completely water proof?

I just worry about all the mud that will get all over it

·
Registered
461 Posts
Really nice install. I too was wondering if having it located somewhere it will be wet a lot would be ok, so that is good to hear it is fairly waterproof! Be sure to write a follow up of use and performance for everyone.

·
Registered
885 Posts
This is potentially on my list too. I'm also mulling if modifying one of those portable aluminum air tanks to use as a reservoir makes sense, or sourcing a tractor trailer air reservoir tank would. But I have a lot longer wheelbase to fit it into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts