Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where the hell did you mount them in your gen1? i have 4 to mount and theres honestly NO spot i could find to mount them, im like wtf

pics and advise? id like to keep my tray under the HU, all else is fair game tho

i got driving, compressor, front and rear locker switches to find a spot for

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
where the hell did you mount them in your gen1? i have 4 to mount and theres honestly NO spot i could find to mount them, im like wtf

pics and advise? id like to keep my tray under the HU, all else is fair game tho

i got driving, compressor, front and rear locker switches to find a spot for
hmm i dont have any mounted, but an idea...cut rectangle holes by the spots where theres other switch covers? on the left side of the wheel. down lower?

well hell the very first gens prolly have a way different set up

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i have a flmisy little peice of sheetmetal jammed in the center console that accomodates the switches.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
dont know if you would be able to squeeze the 3rd switch in there
i mounted mine in the blank spots , just had to cut a small piece off the corners for the switches to fit , ive got my light switches in the same spot on the other side of the steering wheel

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive used up the sides of the steering wheel with my interior lights, im almost thinking of adding a panel?

ugh, this is frustrating hahah

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can you buy just the switches? Where do you buy them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
penski, do you have a pic of what you cut out?

i just found a place to move my interior lights, so now i have those spaces on the side free :)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
hey josh i was also thinking what about eliminating the ash tray and sticking some switches in there

all he had to do is cut the upper left piece so you have a rectangle shaped cut out instead of a cut out with 6 sides

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey josh i was also thinking what about eliminating the ash tray and sticking some switches in there
i wonder how i could go about that... hmmm

btw, penski again, how did you get them to stay in there once you modded the hole?

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
i dont , but the part where the switch slides into isnt completly rectangular
up in the left corner is a piece that just needs to be cut out , youll understand when you see it

the arb switches have rigged edges on the top of the switch that expand to hold the switch in then you squeeze them to pop the switch out

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
maybe even just modd the ashtray or cut of the braket so you could fit a small sheet of metal to it

there was a write up on cx of a guy that put a cb in there that could be some useful info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts