Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching our total disaster with exiting Afghanistan (please no opinions on this) I noticed one of the taliban trucks (ranger?) had a integrated brush bumper with sidesteps and thought it would work great for deer country when driving home from work at midnight. This is the one I'm talking about:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I believe it is an ARB unit, but trying to navigate their website is not very user friendly. Does anybody know what system it is called and if they plan to make any for our trucks?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
IDK but that is a pretty beefy tubular setup they got going on!!!!!......

·
Registered
784 Posts
With such a large section of it unsupported that looks like it would do more harm than good?

·
Registered
81 Posts
They don’t have it for our trucks (I’ve looked) just gen an arb bumper and get a fabricator to make on of those.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Now is a great time to fly into kabul airport with airfare @ 75% off, with the savings you can buy it direct from there! There ya go,

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See here is one on arb th (Thailand?) Website for the Navarra....
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Reactions: Nissan4Life

·
Registered
81 Posts
the official term is "summit rail" if your looking its the side steps and it comes with the rail

just search arb summit rail so something like that.

·
Registered
285 Posts
When i purchased my truck in 2018, i almost immediately installed ARB front and rear bumpers. My plan was to install the ARB side steps along with the fender bars as well.

You CAN get them here in the US. They are not super cheap. I think you have to drill the front bumper where they attach.

I'll warn you and tell you why i didn't go that way... their side steps are just side steps. They are not sliders. If you read up on them, they bend pretty easily. Honestly, i love the way the ARB front bumper looks (rear too), but the other aftermarket bumpers are more heavy duty, made of thicker materials. If you are going to get the whole setup, know its mostly for looks. I went with white knuckle sliders which i have abused and re-painted a few times, they are great.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier CCSB VS 4WD
110 Posts
When i purchased my truck in 2018, i almost immediately installed ARB front and rear bumpers.
Not to thread jack but can you take a picture from the side of your front bumper/fender/hood? I'm trying to see how far the front bar sticks out from the hood. some look close and some look like they're 2 foot in front of the truck. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not to thread jack but can you take a picture from the side of your front bumper/fender/hood? I'm trying to see how far the front bar sticks out from the hood. some look close and some look like they're 2 foot in front of the truck. Thanks.
I recently installed a arb bumper, honestly it does stick out a bit, but pictures do not do it any justice and it looks waay worse in pics than in person especially with a darker colored truck.

I was also worried about how far it would stick out, and its barely anything inperson IMO

·
Registered
2016 Frontier CCSB VS 4WD
110 Posts
I recently installed a arb bumper, honestly it does stick out a bit, but pictures do not do it any justice and it looks waay worse in pics than in person especially with a darker colored truck.

I was also worried about how far it would stick out, and its barely anything inperson IMO

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. My brother has one on his tacoma and it doesn't stick out that far, but the ones that I've seen on the frontiers, the top bar seems to stick out about a foot and a half. But I haven't seen on in person yet either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. My brother has one on his tacoma and it doesn't stick out that far, but the ones that I've seen on the frontiers, the top bar seems to stick out about a foot and a half. But I haven't seen on in person yet either.
yea it'll be same as the Tacoma I believe see this pic below it looks like it sicks out hugely for the Tacoma, but it looks not too bad in person. if you really want a side pic I can snap one for you before I leave later today

Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
81 Posts
Up to you, I'm pretty sure I'll end up with the ARB either way. I like that they still work with the airbags.
Yep I’ll def recommend the arb here are some pics. I did cut the stock bumper myself which is why it’s not fully straight.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Grille Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire
Wheel Sky Car Automotive parking light Tire

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry, i've been on the road this week. As others have mentioned, it sticks out but it's not too bad. Actually makes for a great spot to set your beer and tools while working in the garage!

·
Registered
Nissan Navara (Frontier) D40, YD25 190HP, Manual, Double Cap 2012
10 Posts
After watching our total disaster with exiting Afghanistan (please no opinions on this) I noticed one of the taliban trucks (ranger?) had a integrated brush bumper with sidesteps and thought it would work great for deer country when driving home from work at midnight. This is the one I'm talking about:
View attachment 335686
I believe it is an ARB unit, but trying to navigate their website is not very user friendly. Does anybody know what system it is called and if they plan to make any for our trucks?
Hello, I think, I can help you out with this Link of Europe: https://arbeurope.com/nissan-navara-d40-stx-spain-2010-2015/bumpers-protection-equipment/?locale=en

1 - 20 of 21 Posts