Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend getting this on our ‘14 Pro-4X. It’s a tedious project, since you have to cut off the lower part of the bumper for this model. Some of the newer second gens have a two part bumper that can be removed separately. Since we didn’t want to cut too much off we ended up cutting a few times to get it right. We used a dremel and a jigsaw. You have to cut up a bit higher around the corners where the bumper wraps around. Once it’s on we wired up the lights and fogs. We’ll have to splice the indicator lights into the turn signals but that’s a project for another day. We also needed to cut back the front of the fenders (which we did after these photos were taken).

It’s not a complicated install it’s just tedious and committing since you’re cutting the body.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She’s less than enthusiastic that we have a very effective way to leash her to the truck now. But it was also cold so who knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Spent the weekend getting this on our ‘14 Pro-4X. It’s a tedious project, since you have to cut off the lower part of the bumper for this model. Some of the newer second gens have a two part bumper that can be removed separately. Since we didn’t want to cut too much off we ended up cutting a few times to get it right. We used a dremel and a jigsaw. You have to cut up a bit higher around the corners where the bumper wraps around. Once it’s on we wired up the lights and fogs. We’ll have to splice the indicator lights into the turn signals but that’s a project for another day. We also needed to cut back the front of the fenders (which we did after these photos were taken).

It’s not a complicated install it’s just tedious and committing since you’re cutting the body.

View attachment 312664
View attachment 312665
Looks good, did you ever get your turn signals wired up? On mine, I spliced the leds in the bumper to the factory signals but it makes the signals not work properly. To activate the signals, I need to activate the stalk twice to get them to blink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts