Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ill be bringing more details but just a heads up we WILL be doing a run (wheeling) in the yakima/ellensburg area april 17th and 18th. We will be camping but you dont have to, come for the day (sat) or for the over night. Usually we leave seattle (or where ever your at) early morning, hit the grocery store real quick and are then on our way. Depending on where you are coming from you can meet us in a few different spots. I have a few simple rules for my runs, nothing to nazi, just basic dont be an a** and have some basic gear kind of stuff. Ill update this soon with more info OR see my signature line and to go 'upcoming' for the most up to date info as well as getting to know some of the people who will be attending.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The official info;

April 17th Ahtanum official page.

When - Saturday, April 17th and Sunday the 18th.

Where - Ahtanum, this place is new to us so I dont know entirely what to expect, what I do know is this is a green dots road area meaning in summer conditions it is just a large bunch of gravel roads, This run will be marked as easy (see link below). Since this place is new there will be some un answered questions like where we will camp, we'll find that out when we get there.

Trail rating link - http://nissanwheelers.com/showthread...-rating-system

Meeting spot: Top food and drug 2203 S 1st st Yakima Wa, 98903.

Google Maps

The plan - We will meet at the Top food and drug in Yakima at 10:30 am! Every one please have your grocery shopping done BEFORE 10:30am, there will be very limited places to grab anything once we leave Yakima. Top off your gas at a station in yakima if you have less than 3/4 a tank.

Full camping gear recommended, or you can always sleep in your truck like I do (I hate setting a tent) we will be camping in completely primitive area, no water, no showers, no toilets, no runs to the store, so come prepared.

I will be leading,Tail gunner is yet to be determined.

A few rules since they have to be said.

#1 - Act like a grown up and use common sense.

#2 - Absolutely no drinking while we wheel, drink all you want once we camp.

#3 - Tread lightly. Under no circumstances should anyone leave a trail unless at a camp area or other appropriate area. Pack out what you pack in. And pick up garbage along the trail (yes, other peoples garbage too).

#4 - Some form of radio communication is required, a CB is preferred and will be required later but an FRS is acceptable for now.

#5 - You and any passengers' names, emergency contacts and any known medical conditions clearly printed on a piece of paper (be specific) and taped to the inside lid of your console. This will be required and checked, no one will take this info, it is for emergency purposes only.

#6 - A recovery point/hook in the front and a recovery strap (at least 2" x 20') are required. No metal hooks, if it has hooks its a tow strap not a recovery strap, here are some fine examples
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W...5522&t_pl=6378
A hitch ball is not a safe recovery point on the truck (a leaf spring is acceptable on the rear but could tear up your strap).

#7 - An understanding of the possibility for damage to your vehicle, you are responsible for your truck. We will do our very best to help you.

#8 - Listen to your spotter!

#9 - Come prepared to have fun!

There will be a drivers meeting before the run, we will go over a lot of things, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dont be shy guys! We are friendly people, no pressure! I see you guy wanting runs to happen, come have some fun, you can even come just for the day.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just FYI guys, This may be the only stock or really close to stock friendly run this year so dont wait for another to come around if you are on the fence. :hi:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
3.5 hr drive for me... But nothing on the calender...Ill double check with the wife tonight.
This could be fun!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm down but I work on Saturday morning until about 5:30PM. I am trying to get Sat off. Down to camp too. Will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well if you get off @ 5:30 and have your truck packed before hand or at least ready to load you should have plenty of time...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I looked at the schedule and I have to work all day Saturday. I close at 8:00PM. If you're still planning on a Sunday run after you get up but I would leave early morning on Sunday. I'll keep watching the thread to see if anything new develops.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well unfortunately we break camp hand just head for home come sunday mornings. This is typically how it works out since people like to have their sunday afternoons to get back into the swing of things. Some times we do a friday night wheeling run and pack out saturday and we have even been talking about doing a three day two night outing. Keep your eyes peeled and Im sure one will work for ya eventually.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
You end up going?

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
If Im posting this much info then yes we are going. Ended up doing some good exploring. Just enough snow to keep it interesting. We had six trucks and all six were stuck at the same time once. A few got out under there own power, I had to winch my nose around to get turned around cause the snow was to deep for the others to proceded. One guy had a stock truck and pushed to far and ended up high centering hard. Ended up having to two part my winch AND single part pull with another guys winch to get him drug out. He tried to get up the hill under his own power with snow chains on but ended up spinning a chain off which took out a brake line. It took he and I about 20 minutes to get him fixed up and we were back on our way. Did a little more exploring the roads and then we went and found a good camp spot, had some dinner and a few beers and some good laughs about the days events. Come out next time and join in the fun.

Airing down

The road that swallowed the trucks.

Three way winching.

And once we finally got out we did more exploring.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It sure was!! There WILL be more coming up through out summer and into fall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts