Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an 08 xterra. Had PRG 2” lift. Had BFG all terrains but I don’t remember what size. I’m a fanatical record keeper, but I tossed the records from it a couple years ago. I didn’t post the sizes on the new x forums either. But I want my Frontier to sit and look exactly like my x did.

At full lock, they just started to rub. I did not cut or melt anything. I was running 1” wheel spacers on it also.

Knowing all that, and seeing pics.....
265/75/16’s or 285/75/16’s?

I know this is a long shot, but I’m out of ideas. I even looked for any pics where I might could make out sidewalk size but couldn’t.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,974 Posts
265/75/16 is stock on the Frontier Pro4x. Given the similarities in the platforms, if you had rubbing at the frame then it probably wasn't that size. Rubbing at the fender liner I couldn't comment on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was fender liner rub. And I mean barely rubbing. Had I not had spacers, it would be easier to back guess. But the spacers throw another dimension in that, as I understand, makes a little rub happen at the smaller size.

I’m trying to decide weather to go with pro 4x size (what’s on there now) in all terrain KO2’s or try the 285/75’s. I don’t think either would look bad though so I’ll prolly go with stock size. Ordering today maybe.

Looking at photo above though, the width looks like 265. Don’t look wide enough to be 285’s I don’t think.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a bit more hunting and googling, I think you guys might be right. With 285’s and the wheels spacers, the general consensus is that the rubbing would have been pretty bad. And it was minor. So I think ill go back with 265’s. If I still have lots of room, I’ll upgrade after I finish my project car lol

·
Registered
294 Posts

265/75 16 Falkin Wildpeak AT3w, No lift, no spacers, stock offset. No rub at all on the street. Your image looks like it has more space around the tire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yup. 265/75/16. Stock P4X. Here’s mine with 2” lift and 1.5” spacers. Had to trim a bit of the liner and lower rear fender the Raine way. Took the outer front valence off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
265/75 with wheel spacers, it's easy to tell that the wheels are farther outward than stock (stock would sit under the fender, not out)

It def has spacers. It was mine lol. Just can’t remember what tire size I had on it.

Thanks all. I think everyone is right. So I have the 265/75 ko2’s on hold for me. Gonna get them installed Saturday and maybe get the lift Installed sat or Sunday. Spacers be here Tuesday.

Midtenn, your info about the rubbing and trimming helped tremendously. I know my old setup barely started to rub so with en extra 1/2” of spacer you have, it adds up perfectly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts