Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for another set of tyres and I wont be going back to Coopers , BFG's I can get for $300 each fitted and than someone said why dont you give Maxxis a go I can get them fitted for $240 each fitted they are the Maxxis 751 , the pattern looks ordinary but for the money might be worth having a look at

Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not sure about Maxxis Offroad tyres but have used their performance series for my Commodore and have found them to be an excellent tyre and fantastic value for money.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I used to run Maxxis Bighorns, dimension 255/65R17 and had them on for 22,000kms before swaping them for a 285/70R17 Cooper STT only because Bighorns weren't available at this dimension at that time. They were tough tires but ride was noisy. They were more resilient than BFG M/Ts though.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the maxxis down to $230 each if I was going to use them, I'm more leaning towards Yokohama's at $250 they are a better tire and have a more aggressive patterns compared to the Maxxis

Why em I not buying another set of Coppers , I think they are over rated 50k I got out of my set, rotated every 7k and still didnt last further more as they wore down the ride became harsh and the tyres became very noisy, grip wise when I first got them I thought that the BFG had more grip and better road holding, and since I dont do a great deal of O/road anymore the Yokies will do just fine Yokohama / OUR TYRES / Geolandar A/T-S

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just put Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/75/R16 at $287 each
I googled for tyres and it seems the pirelli beat the others in a test, so we will see if it was the right decision in time.

Cheers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is funny how cooper tyres seem to polarise people. It is either love or hate and nothing much in between. My ATRs are a bit past half worn at 47k wheras on the same driving the the OEM Contis were shot at 27k. Have done nothing different in driving or rotating - go figure. A buddy with a Prado did 90k on a set of STTs but then others seem lucky to get 50k.

A number of our work trucks wear Coopers (hi luxes and Cruisers) and get driven like they are stolen and in some pretty tough terrain and I have to say don't get great milage but better than some other tyres.

I looked at the Maxxis Bighorns but couldn't get any feedback. A few local guys have run the Maxxis highway patterns with no complaints. Good tyres for the price.

If you can get the yokos for that price then go for them. The only advice I can say is make sure you get LT rated tyres. The Nav is heavy enough to need them and it vastly improves the turn in and milage:).

Cheers :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts