Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking everywhere and i can only find after market head lights for anything up to 2008 frontier. I have a 2011 and i want to change my old foggy head lights out to some nice led ones with halos to give the truck a cleaner look. I cant find after market headlight units anywhere for the 2011 does anyone have any good suggestions on where to go? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Hidprojectors.com
Spendy but very nice. They had a 15% off sale last yr for black friday. I don't have a pic with them on, I'll get one,
but here is one with them turned off. I don't have any halos, but they are an option.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can also do them you're self for around 150 total. Paint , halos , projectors + shrouds and replacement sealant , took about 4 hours though. As for the cloudy. Just get a repair kit that uses your drill, and use a spray on sealer/protector. I did mine recently, but I did the same process on my 2012 versa around 3 years ago and it still looks new.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can also do them you're self for around 150 total. Paint , halos , projectors + shrouds and replacement sealant , took about 4 hours though. As for the cloudy. Just get a repair kit that uses your drill, and use a spray on sealer/protector. I did mine recently, but I did the same process on my 2012 versa around 3 years ago and it still looks new.

View attachment 320017 View attachment 320018 View attachment 320019
I know my way around tool im an electrician by trade but i know nothing about clear coat and all that do you think its somthing anyone can do? That seems like a really great idea i like your build looks awsome! What website do you buy the kits from?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know my way around tool im an electrician by trade but i know nothing about clear coat and all that do you think its somthing anyone can do? That seems like a really great idea i like your build looks awsome! What website do you buy the kits from?
I went cheap on Amazon. I think it was ijdmtoys or nilight, I've had both brands projectors, but the nilight comes with the shrouds. I don't know if you HAVE TO but it seems most ppl Dremel a bit of the housing out to make the projectors sit in there nice. I did. And morimoto is probably the best for parts, but mine have been fine for at least the 2 months I've had them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As far as polishing the lenses and the coating yes. I think anyone can do it. And it's even easier if your taking the headlights apart. Which requires baking in an oven. I got my lens repair kit from harbor freight lol and I got some spray on snake oil ceramic sealant that has honestly worked great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My parts list was as follows:
Retro rubber marymoto butyl for resealing

Ijdmtoy or qasim 70mm halos they are identical.

Power built snap ring pliars for separating the housing

Nilight mini 2.5 inch projector kit

Wontolf h1 led lights

Rust-Oleum matte high heat black paint

Ijdmtoy easy relay harness 2 pack

I think that's everything

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My parts list was as follows:
Retro rubber marymoto butyl for resealing

Ijdmtoy or qasim 70mm halos they are identical.

Power built snap ring pliars for separating the housing

Nilight mini 2.5 inch projector kit

Wontolf h1 led lights

Rust-Oleum matte high heat black paint

Ijdmtoy easy relay harness 2 pack

I think that's everything
Whats the relay harness for? And why exactly do you need to run projectors? Is it so you can run leds with out blinding people? Also how did you adjust your lights

·
Registered
101 Posts
Whats the relay harness for? And why exactly do you need to run projectors? Is it so you can run leds with out blinding people? Also how did you adjust your lights
So currently your truck if it's the same as mine essentially has 3 wires to the bulbs ground, hi and low. And when you engage hi, it disengages low. Which is normally fine. But projectors use a single setting led, and a mechanically actuated flapper, that essentially blocks half the lens for low, and moves to stop blocking lens for hi. So without the harness thingers low will work, but high will just open the flapper, no power will go to the bulb. Relay allows both to get power for hi.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So currently your truck if it's the same as mine essentially has 3 wires to the bulbs ground, hi and low. And when you engage hi, it disengages low. Which is normally fine. But projectors use a single setting led, and a mechanically actuated flapper, that essentially blocks half the lens for low, and moves to stop blocking lens for hi. So without the harness thingers low will work, but high will just open the flapper, no power will go to the bulb. Relay allows both to get power for hi.
Ohhh i see. On my 2011 frontier i have three wires going to the headlight assy. One wire is ground one is for the lows and one is for the high beams/DRLs. Ive seen they sell led bulb kits That are plug and play i was thinking of maybe just going that rout and defogging the headlights as u suggested. Will these led conversion kit bulbs work On our frontys?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought a set for my truck before rebuilding the headlights. They are nice. People here seem to suggest katana headlights.i just wanted to black out my housings so I did the rebuild

1 - 13 of 13 Posts