Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Have a 13 Frontier crew. Comes with 265/70/16 Stock, wondering if anyone has dropped down to 235/75/15 that comes on the base kind cabs? Any issues with wheels clearing? Lose much clearance etc.

Mainly asking cause I'm being cheap and 235/75/15 are much cheaper and get can oem wheels with sensor for cheap

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
What he said.

Check on 245/75/16 tires. That size was used by Chevrolet on their full size trucks and SUV's for years so it might be a more common / cheaper tire to find. Also, I highly doubt you are talking more than $10-$20 a tire price difference between the OEM size and the 235/75/15 size. Then add in extra wheels and TPMS sensors, no real money savings there...

Also, the 235's are a bit more than an inch and a half shorter than the 265/70's....

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
On a 2nd Gen V6 the smallest wheels that will fit are 16". The caliper is the problem and severely limits wheel choices for our rigs.

The only other vehicle with our strange bolt pattern is the Dodge Dakota/Durango platform but those vehicles don't have our huge calipers, so don't think wheels for them will fit your Frontier.... they won't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a 2nd Gen V6 the smallest wheels that will fit are 16". The caliper is the problem and severely limits wheel choices for our rigs.

The only other vehicle with our strange bolt pattern is the Dodge Dakota/Durango platform but those vehicles don't have our huge calipers, so don't think wheels for them will fit your Frontier.... they won't.

That's what I figured but wanted to make sure.

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buy a set of Cooper AT/3 tires and be done with it.
I'm actually looking at BFG KO2 or the General AT2. They are both winter approved tires, so insurance is cheaper and since I drive in qc fairly often and they are required it's one less thing to get harassed by those idiots

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm running a 245/75 R16 as my winter tire on stock wheels. As the others have said, there isn't clearance to downsize to a 15" wheel.

I played around with sizes and found you can go as narrow as a 215/85 R16, but those are light truck tires which tend to be on 3/4 ton trucks. A bit stiffer than the tires rated for less load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts