Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i talked to my local dealer about doing a spacer in front and block or shackle in back. they said they dont see it being a problem with warrenty issues. anybody else have any input on the subject????

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is exactly what I would have done. Make sure you know who told you that and make sure the rest of the service managers are on board with that.
Some dealerships are more open to aftermarket mods than others.

·
Registered
320 Posts
kansasfrontier said:
That is exactly what I would have done. Make sure you know who told you that and make sure the rest of the service managers are on board with that.
Some dealerships are more open to aftermarket mods than others.
i would get someone signature. and not 'joe wrench-turner' either, id make a manager sign it.
because if nissan is like VW, they will try to get out of any warranty work they can.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a problem once with my Toyoda's tranny when I had a lift on it. The dealer told me that because of the lift it was voided. I asked them to give the explaination in writing and signed by the manager....instead, they fixed my truck. It is against the law to refuse warranty on a vehicle because of mods unless the dealer can PROVE with out a dought that the mod caused the problem.

·
Registered
906 Posts
That's correct. They have to prove that the mod caused the problem. And they're not going to go through the expense of trying to do that, espically if mention the word laywer.
A guy that mu husband works with has a Nissan (not sure what) but about 500 out of warranty something major went wrong in the engine. He said the "L" word and they fixed over 5k in repair under the warranty still.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got a Frontier and I would like a little more ground clearance, but afraid of voidin the warrenty. wellz conce I get home from school, goin to hit up the dealer and find out if it would/wouldn't void it. so if things go well, I'd be gettin a lift and tires durin the summer. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts