Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My horn does not sound like it belongs on a truck. It is high-pitched and really girly. I can't ever honk at people when I get mad because they would just laugh at me lol Has anyone replaced theirs? How much work would it be and would it even be worth it to make my truck sound more masculine?

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Make sure it is a 12V horn, and you should be alright.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Make sure it is a 12V horn, and you should be alright.
^yeah.. just look for an American land Yacht at the wrecking yard.

Just crossed my mind..
How funny would it be to have train horns sound with the keyless .... WHOOOMPH WHOOOMPH!! :laugh:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a '00 that I mounted two stebel air horns on. Now these thing don't sound girly. I have since traded the truck in for an '06 Nismo CC. It appears I'm going to have to make some brackets for them to mount on this truck. I just might have to do a write up.

I currently have the Nautilus dual tone and a single tone truck horn that is for some reason not listed on the website.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This is what I have WOLO MFG. CORP. AIR HORNS, AIR HORN ACCESSORIES & AIR COMPRRESORS it is not that deep of a sound but I do have to say that it is loud. All you have to do is wire it in place of your stock horn and ground it and you are ready to go. If I remeber right you will have to replace the horn fuse from a 20 to a 30
I got one of the Wolo too.. its the MODEL 410 WOBBLER, "Wild Turkey" hahaaha

Just use a relay, plug the stock horn to the relay, 12v battery and ground.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I just added a 2nd horn (in parallel). It's been a while but I think it was the high pitched version of a stock horn. Sounds ok. About $10 at Pep Boys. Do a search. There's been a post or 2 on this with more detail. It's been a couple of years.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The factory horn is the same one that came on the sentra of the same year :/ I gotta say it's pretty crappy lol

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I have replaced my horn 4 time I need to relocate, i think after 05 they moved them, mine is right behind the gril and they get filled with sand and dust and water, and fail. My first horn was a hella race horn, then I just picked a couple defrent horns from pepboys.

·
Registered
602 Posts
hmm anybody else got any idea of diffrent horns or where you mounted them in a 2nd gen i got a volant air intake so i got to find another spot to mount it up at

·
Registered
602 Posts
woops didnt see where it was posted there maybe thats why they where all first gens that were posting (wow i feel dumb guess i will have to search a little bit further or post it in 2nd gen later)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts