Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Driving out to Cali this week.
To get paid for my uniforms and stuff, had to have it weighed.
4,380 pounds.
you know, a lot of people just look at the door jamb stamp that has the GVW posted:laugh:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
my first gen was over 5k pounds

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
f-alpha is what nissan call the platform that we use.

My builder called to tell me "Nothing is small on your truck"

My father had an Olds Delta 88 that was green. He called it the tank. My friend had some huge Chevy truck, also green, that I called the tank.

I mean this admirably. It's a well built, heavy little truck.
that is part of why I bought it over a taco.. less plastic..

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
you know, a lot of people just look at the door jamb stamp that has the GVW posted:laugh:
The door jab isn't very accurate.
I've weighed several times at dragstrips. With my drag tires, no spare, or jack, & 1/4 tank of gas, I weigh almost exactly 4000lbs. The racing tires, spare, and jack knock of about 80lbs.
Racing weight with me is usually about 4230lbs.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i was a hair under 4500 lbs with me in the truck (i weigh 175), think i had about half a tank of gas or so last time i went to the dump

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i was a hair under 4500 lbs with me in the truck (i weigh 175), think i had about half a tank of gas or so last time i went to the dump
I figured we be closer. With me,stock tires, 1/2 of tank of gas, I think I would be about 4375lbs. I guess the scales you or I weighed on could be of that much. Or you could have extra stereo equipment, accesories, etc. for that extra 100-150lbs. too.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
terra grapplers are pretty heavy... not that heavy but they don't help the total. OEM wheels vs your 18's... sub and amp and wiring aren't much, maybe 10 lbs.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mine weighed 3280 without me in it and 1/4 tank of fuel at the dump. I thought that was pretty low :lol:

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
The door jab isn't very accurate.
I've weighed several times at dragstrips. With my drag tires, no spare, or jack, & 1/4 tank of gas, I weigh almost exactly 4000lbs. The racing tires, spare, and jack knock of about 80lbs.
Racing weight with me is usually about 4230lbs.
the door jamb isn't your curb weight, its the GVWR, the weight where the dot starts writing tickets.

Mine weighed 3280 without me in it and 1/4 tank of fuel at the dump. I thought that was pretty low :lol:
I would believe that for a 4cyl manual transmission. Not much there.

I was helping a buddy roof his house, I rolled into the dump at at 5100 pounds and out at 3800 with me and a half tank of fuel.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
last time I weight in it was 5200, and only 400 off front to rear.

·
Registered
179 Posts
4720 SAS'ed 12 lbs. front to rear difference and 200 lbs. heavier on passenger side

1 - 19 of 19 Posts