1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has painted their
Stock pro 4x rims. I have the newer style stocks on my 2018
I like them and don’t really feel any need to get new ones if there’s nothing wrong with the originals (unless I come across an absolutely amazing deal I cannot pass up)

But I can’t help wonder what the stock wheels would look like if maybe they matched my truck color a little more. Like maybe the outer silver part painted black or entirely black...
does anyone have any pictures of their stock rims painted??
If so I would greatly appreciate any and all ideas.

thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Maybe it was Riddick's...maybe not...but the black powder coated ones on here somewhere looked great, imo.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Riddick- How much did getting your rims powder coated cost if you don't mind telling?

I have a set of wheels that need refinishing and was curious about getting them powder coated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they look great riddick thanks for positing!
How much was is it to powder coat them?

And @ The other Sean
think I’ll do that seeing as how may like The way the graphite gray in the center will look contrasting it with black compared To the current silver.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Riddick- How much did getting your rims powder coated cost if you don't mind telling?

I have a set of wheels that need refinishing and was curious about getting them powder coated
$125 per rim and $10 per center cap = $540. 24hr turn around time at a shop in MD. I was told 1-2 business days.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
$125 per rim and $10 per center cap = $540. 24hr turn around time at a shop in MD. I was told 1-2 business days.
That's about what I was quoted as well...though others around here over the years have come in w/ quotes under $100/wheel. It might very well depend on the chosen color/texture/flat vs glossy/etc...
I'm curious if they (or you) did any prep work?

Question: how did they powder coat a plastic center cap? Guessing it was color-matched, but painted?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts