Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a lift kit in the middle of December from Prg. Got my shipping conformation on the 22nd "A label has been created"....Greg called me the 23rd and said he was just waiting on U-bolts and then it should ship out in the next couple days. I had a very pleasant conversation with him and he seemed very helpful.

That was the last I've heard of it, my tracking still just says shipping label created. I tried calling and emailing every few days but haven't heard anything back from them.

I'm trying to give them ample time to ship it out before I just try to get my money back from PayPal.

I sincerely hope all is well with them and their family, I'm just trying to figure out what my next move should be.

·
Registered
2021 Pro 4x
150 Posts
LOL just cancel the order you are very much not the first with this complaint and will not be the last. there is nothing wrong this is his standard business practice going back years and years.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
This is totally normal customer service from PRG. Once order and payment are recieved all communication stops. Search these forums for many more stories just like yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn that sucks. His shop is only about 30 min from my house too. All I wanted to do was level my 2018 Pro 4X out. Do you guys have another recommendation for a kit that will get this done without giving me a bunch of issues like the coil bucket contact I keep hearing about?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically I want to go as high as I can without having to do anything other than an alignment when it's all said and done

·
Registered
2016 SV 4x4 CC
5 Posts
+1 for All Dogs Offroad. Ordered a complete 5100 lift from them during their Black Friday sale. Had to wait a bit for the second box to show up but I put that on Fedex and the bad weather we had in this part of the NW.

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
I ordered a lift kit in the middle of December from Prg. Got my shipping conformation on the 22nd "A label has been created"....Greg called me the 23rd and said he was just waiting on U-bolts and then it should ship out in the next couple days. I had a very pleasant conversation with him and he seemed very helpful.

That was the last I've heard of it, my tracking still just says shipping label created. I tried calling and emailing every few days but haven't heard anything back from them.

I'm trying to give them ample time to ship it out before I just try to get my money back from PayPal.

I sincerely hope all is well with them and their family, I'm just trying to figure out what my next move should be.
I don't understand what the problem is...sounds completely normal for PRG.

There should be a disclaimer on this website about that dude. Purchase at your own risk.

·
Registered
2018 Pro-4x
6 Posts
I had an order mix up with Greg a year ago and opted to drive to his shop to expedite things. I would email him or call him again, and tell him you are going to stop by the shop.
Greg is a good guy, just not a great businessman.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had an order mix up with Greg a year ago and opted to drive to his shop to expedite things. I would email him or call him again, and tell him you are going to stop by the shop.
I have called him probably every 2 or 3 days.... also sent a couple of emails.... the voicemail on his answering machine was last updated Tuesday the 28th or 29th

·
Registered
22 Posts
if youre just looking for a level out i actually have some 1.5" PRG spacers that i only used for a day before i took them off if youre interested

·
Registered
2013 Frontier SV 4x4 LWB VTP
136 Posts
After seeing several of these threads, you’re comment is not the first that also adds he’s a “good guy”. I’ve never met him, but IMHO to take money from people with ease and swiftness, yet not hold up his end of the bargain by providing the product or communication after the money is in his hands, boils down to character, or lack of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if youre just looking for a level out i actually have some 1.5" PRG spacers that i only used for a day before i took them off if youre interested
Yes I probably would be interested... the kit I ordered was one and a half inch spacers in the front and 1 inch blocks for the rear.... just out of curiosity why did you only have them in for a day and then remove them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After seeing several of these threads, you’re comment is not the first that also adds he’s a “good guy”. I’ve never met him, but IMHO to take money from people with ease and swiftness, yet not hold up his end of the bargain by providing the product or communication after the money is in his hands, boils down to character, or lack of it.
When I said he seemed like a good guy it's because he did. He called me to update me about my order spent about 15 minutes answering a few technical questions I had about my frontier. And also brought up the fact that he's right down the road from me so if I ever need help with anything on my truck I was welcome to come by..... during Christmas time out here in the Sierra Nevada Foothills we had a record storm that took out power to most of his area for a week or ten days. So I totally understood why I didn't hear from him for a little while. But that was a couple weeks ago now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes I probably would be interested... the kit I ordered was one and a half inch spacers in the front and 1 inch blocks for the rear.... just out of curiosity why did you only have them in for a day and then remove them?
i had them installed with HD dobinsons springs that are only supposed to lift 1.5" so i got the spacer to get 3" of lift total but without a winch they ended up lifting my truck about 2.5" and with the spacers it was just too high.

shoot me a DM and i can get them sent out tomorrow if you want

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i had them installed with HD dobinsons springs that are only supposed to lift 1.5" so i got the spacer to get 3" of lift total but without a winch they ended up lifting my truck about 2.5" and with the spacers it was just too high.

shoot me a DM and i can get them sent out tomorrow if you want
Okay give me a few minutes to figure out how to shoot a DM cuz I am not in the least bit technology-savvy lol

·
Registered
2013 Frontier SV 4x4 LWB VTP
136 Posts
When I said he seemed like a good guy it's because he did. He called me to update me about my order spent about 15 minutes answering a few technical questions I had about my frontier. And also brought up the fact that he's right down the road from me so if I ever need help with anything on my truck I was welcome to come by..... during Christmas time out here in the Sierra Nevada Foothills we had a record storm that took out power to most of his area for a week or ten days. So I totally understood why I didn't hear from him for a little while. But that was a couple weeks ago now
I was actually replying to boulders post, who commented he was a good guy just not good at business. Not trying to harp on anybody, if you like him and had an enjoyable experience, that’s great. But these threads come up all the time of bad experiences with PRG, and at some point this reflects on Greg as a person, not just simply his business skill. It’s not rocket science to return a phone call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was actually replying to boulders post, who commented he was a good guy just not good at business. Not trying to harp on anybody, if you like him and had an enjoyable experience, that’s great. But these threads come up all the time of bad experiences with PRG, and at some point this reflects on Greg as a person, not just simply his business skill.
Well aside from that one interaction with him so far I'm not really liking them that much I was just explaining why I said in my original post that he seems like a good guy.... I try to give people the benefit of the doubt because I understand **** happens..... I would be cool with him just emailing me and saying "hey bro it's going to be another month" I can live with that.... being ghosted kind of sucks though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts