Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed it and the ipod connection gets lost.
As soon as it displays kenwood on the Ipod screen it reads disconnected on the ddx monitor under ipod source. Than its says "reading..." than stays like that. I have to leave the ipod connected reset the starter key on to off than on ... and then if I am lucky it works... the funny part is that the ipod never stops showing that its charging...

It smells like bad ipod cable . ... I have the kenwood 300 usb direct connect.. and I am connecting nano 3G, and iPod 160GB classic

A Usb thumb drive plugged directly into the ddx usb cable works perfect....

Is it possible that the direct connect has one bad wire/pin thats exactly for the ipod control f..ed up!!!????

Thats the third system that doesn't operated properly with the ipod... two Alpines w404 and this kenwood ddx712... its getting very frustrating given that I replaced the stock box just because of lack of ipod connectivity

:comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just installed it and the ipod connection gets lost.
As soon as it displays kenwood on the Ipod screen it reads disconnected on the ddx monitor under ipod source. Than its says "reading..." than stays like that. I have to leave the ipod connected reset the starter key on to off than on ... and then if I am lucky it works... the funny part is that the ipod never stops showing that its charging...

It smells like bad ipod cable . ... I have the kenwood 300 usb direct connect.. and I am connecting nano 3G, and iPod 160GB classic

A Usb thumb drive plugged directly into the ddx usb cable works perfect....

Is it possible that the direct connect has one bad wire/pin thats exactly for the ipod control f..ed up!!!????

Thats the third system that doesn't operated properly with the ipod... two Alpines w404 and this kenwood ddx712... its getting very frustrating given that I replaced the stock box just because of lack of ipod connectivity

:comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead::comphead:
Have you checked to make sure that the ddx712 is compatible with your 300 Ipod adapter? Also, you may not be able to use a 3rd generation Ipod with your new ddx712 head unit. If memory serves, my ddx512 only works with 5th generation and up and I had to upgrade my ipod adapter to a Kenwood 301V since the 300 doesn't work with the ddx512. The first time I plugged the Ipod in I would get an authorization error on the monitor. Once I upgraded the firmware on the Ipod it worked perfectly.I could be wrong but it sounds like you're having compatability issues rather than hardware problems. Hope this helps!

-Aero

·
Registered
149 Posts
It does sound like the model of adapt. cable. As mentioned, there are different Kenwood Adapt. cable's, depending on what gen. ipod you own. I hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts