Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the price of 59.95 after rebate I figured I would bite the bullet and give it a try. Here is the web site.

Ultra Gauge

Mods - if this isn't allowed please remove the link, Thanks John

·
Registered
337 Posts
Never heard of them..but if it's legit at that price it seems pretty decent. I went to their website...they want almost $8 for shipping and it's $69 before the mail-in rebate. I've never had luck with mail-in rebates. Even so it might be worth the risk.

The forum they set up is very cheesy BTW. The moderator claimed to never have heard of scanguage II and one guy ripped him for that....funny stuff.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hmm, looks nice, I could never get used to the scan gauge II display.

Anyone try it yet?

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I should find out by the end of the week. I will have a review early next week

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
The website says "sale" showing a $9 reduced price. The thing that bothers me as a retail business owner is a rebate is NOT a sale. A sale is to buy an item at a reduced cost during a certain specified time frame. A rebate is also time sensitive but needs to have a form submitted for a refund later on.
The item looks very good. One other issue is the isn't a phone number to call or a mailing address to see where they are from.

Clint

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Site shows the price of 200 on sale for 59.95 with a rebate

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
That's a BS come on. Show me a single person who paid that, or a website asking that as payment then it's on sale. Read the other forums and others say they bought it for $59 before the rebate. If you read through all the literature and questions the admin states it's sold only online and if in a store would quite a bit more. I'm not looking to knock the item as it looks good but the web page doesn't appear as good as it could.
My guess is since they are so many hoops to jump through, most buyers don't bother with the rebate, I believe this is intentional. My time is worth way more than the $9 I'd get back. I'd rather stay at work a little longer and make up the difference in my business.

Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts