Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a picture of the driver's side door with the interior panel off?

My truck took a 60mph shopping cart in a storm last night. Since our sheet metal is about 0.2mm thick, the driver's side door shell is now caved in, but the actual impact crease is pretty small. I'm wondering if I can get to the outside shell easily or not...

I'm not a body guy but if it will all pop out except for the crease, I might do some buffing and live with it. Actually body side mouldings would probably cover the whole crease up.

The picture doesn't show it terribly well, but the actual brunt of the impact was down right in the body molding crevice which is creased, however since our doors are made of a thin candy shell, the whole panel up to the window is actually caved in. There are a couple tiny secondary points where the paint was scrapped up off to the metal and flaps are hanging. It's REALLY thin wow!

Figured this would be the best place to ask, since it's probably the most common place for people to have the door panels off.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sorry, to see that...
An old trick is to use a big suction cup(toilet plunger); pop it out.

G/L.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the door panel off before to install my speakers, I just thought someone might have a picture handy. I want to know if you can get the back side of the outer door shell easily from the inside, so I can get in the with a body spoon to work on the crease and/or pop out the majority of it.

But I posted this having only taken a look at it in bad light, now I've gotten a better look at it and the crease at the body molding indent is pretty gnarly, and there's 4 or 5 huge patches where the clear has paint/rubber coating from the cart embedded. I think it is probably going to be an insurance job.

Meh.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Damn shopping carts, the root of all evil!!!

Sucks to see that. You can get to outside panel in places on the inside. The places are not that big and its kind of a pain, but it will help you some. Like Devius1(nice name) said, a plunger will help you some too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts