Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Coleman 10' popup trailer that I want to lift two inches or so to match my Frontier's lift and to give it more off-road clearance...has anyone ever done this? It does have leaf springs so...

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
nope but I saw a honda ridgeline towing an offroad popup i just laughed, the trailer was more rugged than the 'truck' towing it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have not personally done it. I do not however, see any reason it would not be possible. Maybe PRG could hook you up with a block kit or some shackles?

·
Registered
5,589 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are cool looking trailers! I see those a lot in Colorado. I'd like to lift it enough to put larger wheels and tires on there...a spring over axle might do that...and PRG could help...thanks guys

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Maybe PRG could hook you up with a block kit or some shackles?
that's pretty much what i was thinking, since you said it's on leaf springs. try your local auto zone/advance and see if they have the universal lift blocks...the ones around here almost always have the 1" blocks, sometimes they have the 2" ones. i think they are about $20, i think they come with u-bolts, but i could be wrong.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
that's pretty much what i was thinking, since you said it's on leaf springs. try your local auto zone/advance and see if they have the universal lift blocks...the ones around here almost always have the 1" blocks, sometimes they have the 2" ones. i think they are about $20, i think they come with u-bolts, but i could be wrong.
I have Autozones 2" lift block kit. It comes with round u-bolts. So you have to go to a machinst and have them make you some u-bolts. It cost me $40 bucks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I crawled under the camper last night and it looks like a good candidate for a SOA conversion! That should give me two easy inches...then add some blocks and I'd be all set...

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
SOunds cool, they do make lifted offroad version campers. Starcraft makes the RT series which are lifted with mud terrain tires etc. for getting to those offroad locations.STARCRAFT RV - Folding Camping Trailers - RT Highlights

SOunds like you've got a plan for yours already. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts