Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2015 in just before the warranty expires, I was having a lot of popping noise whenever I would turn at low speeds, I figured it was a ball joint or a tie rod end. They came back and told me that the 2 welded rings on the sway bar had broken loose and the bar has slid to the left and is resting against the strut. In any case, the entire sway bar has to be replaced, along with the 2 bushings.

Has anyone had this happen to them. I was shocked when he said the solid metal sway bar had to be replaced.

I added some pictures.

Attachments

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,147 Posts
Never seen this happen, I was trying to picture my sway bar even having these rings on - I've had the sway bar out many times and I don't remember seeing the rings on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2015 Pro4x did the same thing. It was annoying so I bought some aftermarket sway bar locking rings used on track cars. They seem to have done the job. Cost about $30.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Seems like you can simply weld those rings back on. Or add bolt on locking collars. Better yet just remove the swaybar altogether and let that independent suspension work independently.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like you can simply weld those rings back on. Or add bolt on locking collars. Better yet just remove the swaybar altogether and let that independent suspension work independently.
Maybe if I was off roading, but I'd rather not flip my truck on a highway ramp. The sway bars are there to help the opposing side tuck during a high-speed turn.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
not sure if the Xterra one is the same but I bet there are 10 guys on the new x that might just give you theirs. I threw mine out, no one wanted it.

oh wait, unless you have done a lot of driving yours should be under warranty.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The same generation Frontier and Xterra have the same sway bars. I threw my Frontier's bar away years ago. At the time it was used for camping/offroad/daily driver. And had coilovers. Since I picked up my X, the Frontier is no longer used offroad. I swapped the X's swaybar, bushings, end links and mounts over to the Frontier. Exact match.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Maybe if I was off roading, but I'd rather not flip my truck on a highway ramp. The sway bars are there to help the opposing side tuck during a high-speed turn.
You never know till you try it. Though I do alot of off roading, mile to mile wise 99% of my truck is driven on the road. I took my sway bar off about 8 years ago just to test out how it rides. Yes the body roll is increased, but the smoothness of the ride is worth it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You never know till you try it. Though I do alot of off roading, mile to mile wise 99% of my truck is driven on the road. I took my sway bar off about 8 years ago just to test out how it rides. Yes the body roll is increased, but the smoothness of the ride is worth it.
Agreed. It isn't at all close to being excessive body roll without the sway bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.