Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 v6 se frontier manual

I believe the leak is coming from the rubber gasket? under the bellhousing where the stick shift engages the different gears of the truck it is sooooooooo slow about 1 drop every two days. I don't knwo if it is worth changing or is it an easy fix worth my time? If you know anytthiong about this let me know thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
Usually they leak from the rubber boot on the shifter. They can get loose or dry-rot and split. It was common on the earlier Hardbodies, as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually they leak from the rubber boot on the shifter. They can get loose or dry-rot and split. It was common on the earlier Hardbodies, as well.
from the boot like inside the vehicle??? oil gets up there? I am talking about under the truck there is this little black rectangle on the transmission where the stick shift engages the gears. Are we talking about the same thing? Thanks for the reply I haven't found any info on this.

·
Registered
674 Posts
from the boot like inside the vehicle??? oil gets up there? I am talking about under the truck there is this little black rectangle on the transmission where the stick shift engages the gears. Are we talking about the same thing? Thanks for the reply I haven't found any info on this.
When I did my clutch I sealed that up with silicone, I'm pretty sure it was just 3 bolts after you take out the upper boot and lower boot and maybe a snap ring, don't remember

Edit: now I don't remember if that was a stick shift on a different truck I did the clutch or not. But I definitely remember there's a snap ring holding in the stick shift, just don't remember how it seals. Sorry
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts