Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really newer anymore I guess, but I just noticed today my drivers side fender has no chips or anything but a bubble in the paint. It is metallic blue, I took it to the dealer today and the service advisor told me it wouldn't be covered since the truck has over 36k miles and since its over 3 years. I don't know what she is talking about, I argued that its a corrosion issue , now I must wait till tomorrow and take it there when the manager is in the store . Anyone else have this issue resolved ? Will it affect anything since I am not the original owner?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mines a 2014 and I have no issues. Mine is Night Armour, however I do see when I took my factory mud flaps off that dirt and water could get stuck there and possibly cause corrosion or paint bubbles possibly. Where exactly is the bubbles located on the fender?

·
Registered
493 Posts
My 2012 has very thin paint in the roof channels. I repainted both channels with touch up paint end to end. In that area you can get by with touch up paint because no will see it and it should prevent rust. On the rest of the truck the paint looks fine and there have been no problems.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hope I'm not jinxing myself but 2015 here but no issues yet...

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
My 2015 is silver, had to have my front bumper repainted by Nissan. Washing it with a pressure washer, two chips of paint, about the size of a quarter went flying. Took it to the dealer, took them about 3 months to get it warranted by Nissan, and they only repainted part of the bumper, not the whole bumper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked at a 2005 that was white (Nismo package) and it had paint missing around the windshield on the A pillars.
I ended up buying an '06 that is silver and it has very early signs of paint rejection on the A-pillars as well. I touched up the spots with matching touch-up paint, but I am going to keep an eye on it.

The paint quality on these trucks could be better.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is right above the front wheel well. at the crease where the fender starts to go out further. Took it to Nissan today, The lady told me she has seen this a few times on the blue frontier, and on white xterras! she took pictures and said she will get back to me when she finds out if it's covered.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I looked at a 2005 that was white (Nismo package) and it had paint missing around the windshield on the A pillars.
I ended up buying an '06 that is silver and it has very early signs of paint rejection on the A-pillars as well. I touched up the spots with matching touch-up paint, but I am going to keep an eye on it.

The paint quality on these trucks could be better.....

Same as the 05 Xterras at my work place, white paint. My 05 Frontier has the silver color and the paint seems okay in these same areas, although the previous owner didn't take care of this truck.

Wife's 06 Xterra has the same problem about the A-pillars too, white paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2012 has very thin paint in the roof channels. I repainted both channels with touch up paint end to end. In that area you can get by with touch up paint because no will see it and it should prevent rust. On the rest of the truck the paint looks fine and there have been no problems.

My 05 suffered this same problem. Started to rust through the roof.

I removed the rust on both sides and filled it up with grey Rustoleum paint. I used a really thick coat in hopes of slowing down the rust.

I did paint both sides of the affected areas, since I had the headliner out of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have always said that Nissan paints their vehicles with a 3 year old Chinese baby gulping paint and spraying on their vehicles via a straw. With the being said i have chunks of paint missing from my hood, and my rear right fender. Truck is under warranty so i will try to get it fixed at the dealer but sometimes i just want to paint the entire truck with some better paint.

Never seen such terrible quality paint before. Other than that, still like my truck

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
All my paint is even and still sticking at 37,500mi. I just went over it with some paint sealer(Meguiars M21) for winter and still pleased with the paints condition.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talked to nissan today after they viewed and sent in the pictures. Service manager told me they wont cover it because its not rusted all the way through.....

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
When it was paperwork time for my factory-ordered '15 SV...the dealership dude 'alluded' to the thin paint by suggesting some pricey protection process. Can't specifically recall, but I think it was north of $500. I declined. At this point I'm just hoping my Brilliant Silver is as tough as the Silver that was on my '00 XE. No complaints there other than some usual rust above the rear wheelwells. Time will tell as usual.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts