Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a recall notice for my 06 fronty, that involves reprogramming the ECU. Something to do with emissions. Anyone else?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd sure want to know what they're going to do before I took it in for that... If it's about emissions, it sure sounds like they're going to change something that will harm performance...

Heath

·
Registered
98 Posts
i got one. brought it to the dealership, took all day to do. they said they upgraded or reprogrammed the ecu. however my truck runs exactly the same. this was about a month ago

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got one also, and have yet to take it in. I did talk to the dealership and all they said they had to do was reflash the ECU, and it should only take about and hour. Something about making the operation field of a sensor wider, other than that I’m not too sure. Maybe it is to compensate for the 10% of e85 they are mixing with gas? Because with the e85 I have noticed a significant drop in my mpg’s on my 64 mile daily commute.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got one also, and have yet to take it in. I did talk to the dealership and all they said they had to do was reflash the ECU, and it should only take about and hour. Something about making the operation field of a sensor wider, other than that I’m not too sure. Maybe it is to compensate for the 10% of e85 they are mixing with gas? Because with the e85 I have noticed a significant drop in my mpg’s on my 64 mile daily commute.
I got a recent recall notice also......for my '06 4-banger. I've not acted on it yet but to see what this forum had to say. I passed NJ State emissions at a state facility last year with no problems, so do you think I'm fine letting it go? I hate the idea of going to the dealer if I don't have to. It'll take longer than the "about one hour" the notice estimates I'm sure and I wonder what they'll scratch, ding or snap off when they do the job.

I'm also had a 12% drop in MPG, seemingly with the arrival of the winter.....that's with more snow in Jersey than average, which eats up gas consumption. I also recall something in years past about oxygenated gasoline which is sold in the wintertime I think, and lowers MPG. Maybe these things are why.

I think I'll phone the dealer and the number on the Nissan mailer and ask a few questions.
:comphead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts