Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about doing this. It seems like a cheap mod, but I'm not sure, is it better? more output of light? is it hard to install?

give me your thoughts please.

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very easy to do, I did mine not long after I got the truck. Light output depends on the actual bulb, some are brighter than others, they're also different temps.

It's definitely better because the leds draw less power. Which is really beneficial if your lights get left on overnight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,358 Posts
I replaced all of mine years ago. I find that they are always somewhat very dimly lit, as they don't have enough collective resistance. No big deal, though.

·
Premium Member
12,051 Posts
I replaced all of mine years ago. I find that they are always somewhat very dimly lit, as they don't have enough collective resistance. No big deal, though.
i noticed this as well, although i never found an issue with it. it did make me ultimately go back to stock lighting.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine came with LEDs installed. They were too dim, so I got some beefier ones and they were still too dim. I want to be able to see and read a map with the lights on tho. I ended up buying the old fashioned ones and putting them back in there. I haven't tried the Diode Dynamics ones mentioned upstream tho, might give that a shot.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Mine came with LEDs installed. They were too dim, so I got some beefier ones and they were still too dim. I want to be able to see and read a map with the lights on tho. I ended up buying the old fashioned ones and putting them back in there. I haven't tried the Diode Dynamics ones mentioned upstream tho, might give that a shot.
That was (again) the reason I went with them, they actually listed lumen output. With that said, I went with the brightest and it's honestly a little too bright for daily use.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I also went through a few different LED bulbs. Super easy to pop the covers off and swap the bulbs. I found the first set I bought to be much dimmer than the stock bulbs, but the second set I bought was much brighter than stock. I would definitely go with the Diode Dynamics bulbs over random Amazon LEDs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
@DiodeDynamics makes a great LED interior bulbs! I went with the brightest they have n THEY ARE BRIGHT!!! I kinda like it that way though :) I went with license plate, reverse lights, map light, back seat light all the brightest they make ..... n they are AMERICAN!!!!! EXTRA LIKE

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pretty expensive to replace them using DiodeDynamics led's.

Does adding the reverse lights actually light up more in the back? Do you see more on the rear view camera? If so then its worth it IMO.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So, @The other Sean, which ones do you have? There are three listed (24/94/118 lumens) [do the 118 lumen ones fit in our trucks?].

Thanks!

pretty expensive to replace them using DiodeDynamics led's.

Does adding the reverse lights actually light up more in the back? Do you see more on the rear view camera? If so then its worth it IMO.
Wait, which lights are you talking about? I thought the map lights...? They're only $16 for the 98 lumens on DD unless I'm looking at the wrong thing...

edit: Nevermind, now I get it. You're wanting all the lights mentioned in that amazon listing.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I replaced the original backup bulbs with these. They're quite a bit brighter than the originals, and have a nice, pure white color temperature - Makes it easier to see objects behind you.

Definitely worth it, IMO.

(NOTE: Amazon link shown above has been corrected!)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I replaced the original backup bulbs with these. They're quite a bit brighter than the originals, and have a nice, pure white color temperature - Makes it easier to see objects behind you.

Definitely worth it, IMO.
Awesome, which would these fit? every interior light?

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
(NOTE: Amazon link shown above has been corrected!)

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
So, @The other Sean, which ones do you have? There are three listed (24/94/118 lumens) [do the 118 lumen ones fit in our trucks?].

Thanks!

Wait, which lights are you talking about? I thought the map lights...? They're only $16 for the 98 lumens on DD unless I'm looking at the wrong thing...

edit: Nevermind, now I get it. You're wanting all the lights mentioned in that amazon listing.
I did the 118 lumen one in the rear dome light and the 94 lumens in the map lights. COol white for all.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts