Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an aftermarket brand that, besides the OEM version, that actually fits in the air handler easily and doesn't cost $25 each? A paper filter shouldn't cost this much. I know, in a sense it's really not much...but the $10-$13 ones are so enticing and i can get two of them and change a stinking paper filter more often. I've tried a couple of different brands and I always have to shove and wedge them in there and it's tough to get the Air handler to close and clips clipped. It's the damnest thing I've ever seen.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm with Art, I'm using either the AFE or AEM in my Xterra. As for the fit, if it didn't fit tightly, I'd be worried. You want it tight so there's a seal and air isn't getting drawn into the sides of the air box.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I've used Fram, Purolator and Beck-Arley without any problems. When I replaced mine, I removed the intake duct between the air box and the throttle body. This makes it easier install the air filter without deforming it. The air box top will hit the top of the radiator shroud to prevent it from open up enough to easily install the new filter. Without it being connected to the duct assembly, you have a little more play in the air box to help make the installation easier. Since then, I installed an aFe Momentum intake system, so I don't have to deal with that anymore.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found them on Amazon for $10.98...Amazon doesn’t link to them and says they don’t fit. What do they know. With Prime I pay for all my shipping once a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts