Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new to this forum stuff. i'm about to buy a 2006 nismo 4x4 but first i need to find out how many were produced so i can eventually race it stock. anybody know how i could find this out? if there were less than 4000, i probably wouldn't have a chance without throwing $$$ at it.

:duh:

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
uhmmmm.....Welcome lol

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Well, first off welcome. You will find a ton of info here.

I think the best place to track down how many 06 Nismo 4x4s were built is to do a google search or something along those lines. I am sure there were more then 4k produces but how many, idk.

What type of "racing" are you thinking about doing? Also, keeping it stock will not help and it will probably bend coilbuckets and barf up diffs left and right. They are nice but if you want to put them thru a racing enviroment, there is a bit of modding that needs to be done suspension wise, but the motor is golden unless you have a timing chain issue, then the motor has issues.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
welcome, what series are you thinking of racing?
Try to tie your cage in to support the top of your coil buckets. They usually don't bend until you upgrade shocks, just make sure you have good bumps in place. Box the shock hangers on the rear axle, don't run the locker unless you need it. Best would be to weld up the rear diff, and only use the front to get unstuck, or in silt where you don't need to worry about going from 0 to high traction suddenly. I picked up and carried a whole titan front diff with axles in a box so it isn't that much weight to worry about for the knowledge you can get out of a pickle if you need it. Might as well plan on a 2" cage these things a pretty heavy, I see no way to get them under 4k especially with a cage. When I weight mine the bios was only off 5.5% so an extra spare behind the rear axle should bring you real close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts