Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a wheel that that's 16 inches and a little wider than stock to get as much tire as I can when calmini gets off their *** and releases the suspension lift kit. I don't want bling bling chrome, sellin' crack out of the back 20's. That looks retarded. It seems like all the wheel sites start out at 20 these days. 4wheelparts was ok but didn't really offer a lot for our vehicle nor did it offer a search based on vehicle compatibility. Somebody please help.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Quit being so cheap and buy the 20's. I know you a wanna be a crack dealer just like us.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you guys "crack" me up....hahahaha

all jokin aside, good luck finding the 16's, there would probably be some grindin of some sort to get them to fit

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Re: Anybody know where to get custom wheels that aren't 20's

Scotty said:
I want a wheel that that's 16 inches and a little wider than stock to get as much tire as I can when calmini gets off their *** and releases the suspension lift kit. I don't want bling bling chrome, sellin' crack out of the back 20's. That looks retarded. It seems like all the wheel sites start out at 20 these days. 4wheelparts was ok but didn't really offer a lot for our vehicle nor did it offer a search based on vehicle compatibility. Somebody please help.
don't think you'll be getting much help after you have just insulted many of the people that have gotten aftermarket wheels.

like has been stated, the 16" wheels in the market may or may not fit the 05+ Frontiers. 17 or 18 might be better. 16s may not clear the caliper.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Scotty said:
How could it possibly grind? They come with 16's stock. I want an offroad wheel.
basically, it is because the stock wheels came with such positive offset (i think, i get pos and neg mixed up) the actual face of the wheel is as close to being flush with the lip as possible. it is more of an suv or van wheel than a truck wheel. the off road wheels usually have a deeper face making contact with the calipers.

or something like that. you just have to find the right offset and backspacing then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am trying to find the same thing with no luck I have had 2 different sets of 16's test fited with no luck the problem is that the stock wheel has a positive 30 offset and most aftermark rims are 0 and sometimes negative offset.

So I am looking as well if anyone can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you want a different offset then the positive 30 that the stock rims are the only option that is going to work right now is running a 16 inch tire with a wheel adaptor. I have spent nearly 3 days researching and this was the only solution I was able to find.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts

Scotty said:
i would look into MKW wheels. when i was searching for my wheels, i came accross a few of them that would fit, and im pretty sure they were 16s.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts

Scotty said:
i also forgot to add.....check www.superbuytires.com . they have a few on there, but not many

·
Registered
551 Posts
I ran into the same problem, my solution was to buy 17x8 wheel fom american racing. They have many styles to choose from, but all are 17's and above. I went w/ the sidewinder chromed . It is a forged wheel (very strong) and is part of there off-road series. Sadly they are not on my truck yet , I'm waiting for SLR to finish my lift, when they'll get Maxxis Bighorn 305/70 17's(34x12.5) MT's mounted on them.

http://www.americanracing.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts